Photo

Site Feedback

9 replies to this topic

#1 TagMaster247

TagMaster247

• Banned
  • 103 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 06:30 PM

So in a couple of months, I will have had a NerfHaven account for a year. It has been ok, but for the most part, it has been a bad experience. I personally believe that this site is full of “cyber bullies”. I understand that you need to make sure that this site isn’t full of people using texting lingo and asking stupid questions, but sometimes I think some admins go too far. For one case, somebody, who’s name I won’t mention, who is the head of the Off-Topic section, is, from what I picked up on, saying some people are more special than others. For instance, I quote him saying “The first thread is wrong in a largely different way than the rest. Birthday threads are generally not worth posting, and will generally lead to punishment. Quite frankly, there are extremely few birthdays that are worth celebrating in the NIC, and there were extenuating circumstances leading to the posting of that thread. Do not take the posting of that thread as an invitation to wish that person a happy birthday. While it is a nice gesture, for the most part you are an anonymous stranger on the internet to them, and they have other people they should probably be talking to on their birthday.” From what I gather, you are basically putting some people ahead of others. I understand that some people are a little higher up in ranks, but this is just wrong. It is their decision if they want to reply to the person or not. Also, this same person posted a “Happy Birthday” thread... The next point I’d like to point out is something about me. I was warned for something I couldn’t really do anything about. I had posted a helpful guide for new players a while ago, and I was warned because I linked the Word document from Facebook to NerfHaven. I didn’t know you couldn’t do this, because it is not in the Code of Conduct, and I was un-able to find a button to upload documents. I won’t go into details and release the message I have sent the person, but I have discussed the matter with Langley. And lastly, it seems like quite a few of these admins/mods will let a little power go straight to their head. Give them a little power, and they think they know so much more than you do.

I will be deleting my account on NerfHaven for now, and getting a different one later on. Sort of like starting “fresh”. Also, please don’t put any comments like, “Fine. We won’t miss you.” Or anything like that because I know some of you will want to. This is my opinion. All I ask is that you respect it. You don’t have to agree with it. That’s all. See you on NRev.

#2 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 07:17 PM

This seems like a silly course of action. Why bother deleting this account? Why choose to limit yourself to a place like NRES? Also, as Langley has recently pointed out, a warning is just that. Not a punishment. And you couldn't find an upload button because this a a free site with a low budget that does not include file hosting services. Everything contributed by a member here is hosted elsewhere. As for your guide, why would you link to it instead of copying the text out and pasting it in? That rule is simply about readability. Nobody wants to go hopping across the net to an unfamiliar spot just to read a text file. I used to feel like you do a long time ago. There are reasons the admins run this place like they do, and isn't just because they like to watch kids squirm.
[15:51] <+Noodle> titties
[15:51] <+Rhadamanthys> titties
[15:51] <+jakejagan> titties
[15:51] <+Lucian> boobs
[15:51] <+Gears> titties
[15:51] <@Draconis> Titties.
[15:52] <+Noodle> why is this so hard?

#3 evilbunnyo

evilbunnyo

• Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 07:22 PM

Well that's just the way Nerfhaven is. Vacc and Talio never tolerated bullshit before and still don't. Langley who is kinda the head honcho right now doesn't like people spouting crap. Ice9 who is the all knowing man of off topic can spout what ever he wants because hes earned that right. Beaver and Zorn know whats up. Its not that they are being dicks its that they are trying to run a proper site the way it should. Not everyone falls into the category of acceptable. If you post well thought out topics and cohesive sentences no one will harass you unless you deserve it. As for the birthday thread that's just the shenanigans that come with being on here. Its a privilege not a right. Oh and then there's TED....
Silence is golden but duct tape is silver

#4 Jlego

Jlego

One Armed Clan

• Moderators
  • 252 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 08:58 PM

So in a couple of months, I will have had a NerfHaven account for a year.
<snip>
Give them a little power, and they think they know so much more than you do.
<snip>
All I ask is that you respect it.

Every Admin on this forum has been here at least 4 times as long as you have (3 times, rounding down for the newest additions)
Yet you seem to think that your opinion should demand respect in the same post that you deny them respect. They who have been chosen above any other members on this site based solely on previous participation in this community.

The answer to all your questions was addressed in 2005 by none other than CXWQ: This should really be required reading.

This seems like a silly course of action. Why bother deleting this account? Why choose to limit yourself to a place like NRES? Also, as Langley has recently pointed out, a warning is just that. Not a punishment. And you couldn't find an upload button because this a a free site with a low budget that does not include file hosting services. Everything contributed by a member here is hosted elsewhere. As for your guide, why would you link to it instead of copying the text out and pasting it in? That rule is simply about readability. Nobody wants to go hopping across the net to an unfamiliar spot just to read a text file. I used to feel like you do a long time ago. There are reasons the admins run this place like they do, and isn't just because they like to watch kids squirm.

That would seem to tie up any other complaints that you seem to be offended by.

Good luck out there on the rest of the interbutts <3
~Jaxon of the LGLF

Gears: Ice9 and I have a relationship similar to that of myself and Jax.
liska: You snuggles?
Gears: The nerfers most likely to engage in a threesome.

I've seen you use an arrowstorm!!

#5 ChaosPropel

ChaosPropel

• Members
  • 586 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 06:39 AM

Ragequitters never win.

If someone is cyber-bullying you, you should notify a parent, teacher, or school counselor, they can help you through this terror, and capture that douchebag!
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).

#6 TagMaster247

TagMaster247

• Banned
  • 103 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 09:03 AM

If I had the time, I'd like to be a member of a number of Nerf sites/blogs. But the truth is, I just really have time for one, and, no offense, but I'd like to be a member of Nerf Revolution because it's small and "homey", but most importantly, everybody makes you feel welcome.

#7 Gears

Gears

The boy who lived

• Members
  • 848 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 09:27 AM

If I had the time, I'd like to be a member of a number of Nerf sites/blogs. But the truth is, I just really have time for one, and, no offense, but I'd like to be a member of Nerf Revolution because it's small and "homey", but most importantly, everybody makes you feel welcome.

That's because it's nerfhaven's ban-list, silly! You guys can all relate!

WoW is destroying my life.

-Groove out.

LAWN GNOME LIBERATION FRONT

#8 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 10:41 AM

If you don't like this forum, and you don't expect to see any changes worth sticking around for, what is the point to this thread? You have some pretty glaring misconceptions about the way we do things here. You don't get to dodge accountability for your own actions and claim ignorance of the rules, while holding us responsible for your hurt feelings when we enforce the rules. You don't get to shit all over the moderators and admins and then expect us to 'respect' your 'opinion'. You don't get to dictate how a site should be run when it is offered free of charge and with no advertisement as a service to the community. You don't get to delete your own account. You absolutely positively do not have the right to crate a new account after posting a big 'fuck you' to everyone on this site.

If you're not interested in continuing to participate at NerfHaven, then you're welcome to leave, but you will not be welcomed back.

TagMaster247,
Your member account at NerfHaven has been temporarily suspended for 365 * 10^100 days.

Your account will not be functional until the heat death of the universe (depending on your timezone). This is an automated process and you do not need to do anything to expedite the unsuspension process.

You can poop in my toilet anytime champ.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

#9 Ice Nine

Ice Nine

Prince Dangus

• Administrators
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 12:40 PM

I personally believe that this site is full of "cyber bullies".

Thank you!

For one case, somebody, who's name I won't mention, who is the head of the Off-Topic section

Wow. That was as transparent as it gets. I thought we were friends.

From what I gather, you are basically putting some people ahead of others. I understand that some people are a little higher up in ranks, but this is just wrong. It is their decision if they want to reply to the person or not.

The point was more to prevent general post-whoring and people creating artificial bumps in their post counts in order to seem more important. But yes, in this community, some people are put ahead of others. That's why some people have colored group names.

I had posted a helpful guide for new players a while ago

I read it all. It was certainly not helpful.

I was warned because I linked the Word document from Facebook to NerfHaven.

You posted the document onto Google Docs. Why did you post the Facebook link if you already had one for the Google Doc?

I won't go into details and release the message I have sent the person

You won't even passive-aggressively reveal it like you did earlier in this overlong, understructured paragraph?

I will be deleting my account on NerfHaven for now, and getting a different one later on.

I would have told you earlier that you wouldn't, and Vacc would probably ridicule you before suspending you, but I was mistaken on the latter half. Langley: Excellent touch with the, pretty much, 10^100 year ban.

Sidebar: Did you know that people with sufficiently high-ranking roles on this site can see the IP accounts are linked with?

Also, please don't put any comments like, "Fine. We won't miss you." Or anything like that because I know some of you will want to.

Fine. We won't miss you.

See you on NRev.

You'll fit in great there. Good luck with your Bible trivia!

Edited by Ice Nine, 10 August 2012 - 12:42 PM.

Unholy Three: DUPLUM SCRTA, DUPLUM PROBLEMA (2009)

But Zeke guns tend to be like proofs by contradiction

Theoretically solid but actually non-constructive

Rnbw Cln

#10 Daniel Beaver

Daniel Beaver

HQRSE CQCK

• Moderators
  • 2,097 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 03:33 PM

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users