Apoc Reaction/Feedback Thread

Split off from the main thread

35 replies to this topic

#26 Jupiter

Jupiter

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 10:50 AM

For my first APOC I had a really great time! And like many others, my favorite rounds were the last two carpe rounds. Having the smaller teams definitely worked better.
Glad I got to meet some more nerf people, and another girl woo!!

#27 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 12:34 PM

- New Jersey
- Slugs (had to say it)
- The fact that it was an East Coast war

and as LT DAN ICE CREAM!!!!!!!!!!!! can attest to, I am more than willing to do what I have to in order to satisfy my customers.

Well maybe if you weren't so busy blowing Lt Dan in the forest you would've had a better time? Im not really sure what is so terrible about the war and the people I nerf with that you felt you had to remark about it twice in your 'cons' column. If you were expecting things to be awful on this side of the country, and Apoc lived up to your expectations, then why did you even come out in the first place?

Okay that's enough negativity for one post. In case anyone missed it the first time, here's SublimeDom and Crankymonky engaged in some kind of ambiguously gay gun-kata ballet.
Posted Image

You can poop in my toilet anytime champ.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

#28 LT DAN ICE CREAM

LT DAN ICE CREAM

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 12:54 PM

Damn it Langley, I thought no one saw that!

Seriously, this war lived up to my expectations and then some. The rounds were organized, ran smoothly, and were tons of fun. Also, getting out and hanging with fellow nerfers is always fun. The highlight of my day was deathmatch in the forest, where Chops, Jaxon, and I traipsed through the woods to flank the other team and ran the table on them. The only negative thing I have to say about the war was the fact that I had to leave at 3:30, and missed most of the after APOC shenanigans.

#29 Daniel Beaver

Daniel Beaver

HQRSE CQCK

• Moderators
  • 2,097 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 01:00 PM

To be fair, New Jersey is fucking weird.

Thanks for posting pictures, everyone. It fulfills my vicarious urges.

#30 Xellah

Xellah

They call his chin.... Captain Underpants

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 01:05 PM

In case anyone missed it the first time, here's SublimeDom and Crankymonky engaged in some kind of ambiguously gay gun-kata ballet.

That is the best out of four or five pictures because the rest have the shield blocking either one of their faces. It was still quite entertaining.
Ultimator Duel

it cant be as bad as reloading an ak-47 on the run

#31 DICE134

DICE134

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 07:27 PM

First, thanks to Langley, VACC, and the LGLF for hosting and keeping everything organized throughout the day. Now for the pro's and con's.

+ did pretty well with most my guns... oh wait I am sorry blasters
+ got rid of all my stuff I borught to sell
+ had enough darts for the day, and had at least 100 darts leftover after the war
+ got some new blasters for the arsenal
+ freeze tag, carpe, and deathmatches
+ met a ton of new people

Well can't think of any more, but I will post more when I think of them.
Now for the con's.

- my team lost in every carpe round I played
- big blast wasn't working so well
- I didn't think the turnout was much (but that's okay because the people who came were cool)
- now I have to wait a Whole year for another one.

#32 TED

TED

In Brightest Prawn, in Darkest Shrimp...

• Administrators
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 08:52 PM

Posted Image

Just wondering who this guy is? He impressed me with his play. Also please pm me do not post in this thread.
Star Wars can go fuck itself.

#33 sublimedom777

sublimedom777

• Members
  • 468 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 08:23 PM

In case anyone missed it the first time, here's SublimeDom and Crankymonky engaged in some kind of ambiguously gay gun-kata ballet.

I honestly can't remember why that happened, other than I think Crankymonky and I were being inappropriate together, and it turned into what we see here.

Anyway:

+ Nerfing well considering the excuses I could give (8 hours sleep in 2 days, being rusty from only having 2 wars this year, etc...)
+ Getting to run some rounds of freeze tag. I'm glad everyone (who has spoken so far) enjoyed them. Sorry to everyone who missed out, but the rules are in the List of Game Types so go ahead and try it out at home.
+ JWasko not hating me on the ride home, since I sold off everything excess I brought.
+ Hearing a great story, and getting to tell "Kick the Cunt" in return
+ [Obligatory callout of landing hits on high-profile nerfers]
+ Going back to Langley's feeling like death (it's how you know you played hard enough)
+ Driving super optimally in New Jersey. Only one incident of wrong turning, and that was going home, and because the GPS failed us.
+ No White Castle...
+ Plenty of camaraderie and booze.
+ Super primaries working well. Back to old school, where the Maximizer was supposed to just be a backup and wound up carrying it all day.
+ The S&M 1500 was well received, even though it was a bit understated.
+ The smaller attendance was way nicer.
+ Only using 12 out of the 16 CD's I made for the trip
+ No dart return, good riddance.

Last of the Sex Dwarves, Head of Waifu Relations, Fetishizer of Blasters, The Far Warring, Mini-Van Driver, Possessor of Mattels, and Warden of the Manongahela

We NERF ON all day, and FUCK OFF all night

#34 digitalkid

digitalkid

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 01:06 AM

Here's a little something from us Upstate New Yorkers:

Courtesy ChemGoggles for filming and cutting this up. BioFreak2 (Tyler) and analogkid (Jesse) are featured as well.

Our 5th Apoc and another great year!

Edited by digitalkid, 09 August 2012 - 01:06 AM.

A problem has been detected and you have been shot down.

DOOMSAYER.EXE

FATAL_EXCEPTION_ERROR_CAUSED_BY_A_SHOT_AT_POINT_BLANK_RANGE

If this is the first time you've seen this Stop Error screen, count to 15 and respawn. If this screen appears again, you're dead. Get out of the field.

#35 Phree Agent

Phree Agent

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 10:38 PM

I am a bit late to this party, but I just got around to uploading my pictures.

Check them out:

http://s955.photobuc...gent/Apoc 2012/

#36 snickers

snickers

• Members
  • 241 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 03:27 PM

Here is my video of apoc. It's mostly the road trip. There are a couple minutes of a round or too.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_Me3T8Bq1o

Edited by snickers, 17 August 2012 - 03:54 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users