AR's

and how to remove them

6 replies to this topic

#1 Epic Pie

Epic Pie

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 09:26 AM

I have noticed in the years I have been modding, that most write-ups have you remove the blasters' air restrictor by using a long flat-head screwdriver and hammer. There are a number of better ways to do this then that time intensive way. I like to use a Butterfly bit(spade or flat bits are another name) to drill it out. A 1/2 or 5/8 bit works really well. Also, I sometimes use a regular wood bit and a bit extension to reach into the depths of the bolt. I have seen people use pipe cutters to chop it in half and then glue it back together, but that is insanely time intensive, even if it is cleaner. Can you guys share your methods?

#2 Hammy

Hammy

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 09:39 AM

For the Longshot, the AR is very easily reachable by long-nose cutters.

For the Recon, I think the pipe cutter method is the cleanest, if it is done correctly.

The tap-tap-tap with a hammer n screwdriver, works but does not give clean results inside the plunger tube.

And using a power drill, with an extra long drill-bit, is from a safety point of view, insane in my opinion.

Anyway I followed SGNerf's guides on his Modworks blog which are all very clear

Edited by Hammy, 02 August 2012 - 09:41 AM.

#3 Crusher9051

Crusher9051

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 10:00 AM

With the raider you can take apart the breech to get at the ars.
Zip: 54751

#4 shmmee

shmmee

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 10:14 AM

I've put a screwdriver through the side wall of a barrel while trying to pound out an ar. What ever method you choose, make sure you do it in a safe, controlled fashion.
"and we should respect the people who make our blasters. Even if we do molest the hell out of them..."
~BritNerfMogul

#5 Daniel Beaver

Daniel Beaver

HQRSE CQCK

• Moderators
  • 2,096 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 11:41 AM

Separating the two halves of the plunger tube with a pipe cutter is the best solution, IMO. You can then cleanly extract the AR with a little dremel work, and reconnect the pieces with superglue or epoxy. Since the connection is only under compressive stress, you don't need a particularly strong bond to hold it together.

#6 Blue

Blue

• Members
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 02:27 PM

Separating the two halves of the plunger tube with a pipe cutter is the best solution, IMO. You can then cleanly extract the AR with a little dremel work, and reconnect the pieces with superglue or epoxy. Since the connection is only under compressive stress, you don't need a particularly strong bond to hold it together.

Plus, if you really want durability, you can even nest some brass between the connection for more surface area for the glue to hold onto.

#7 BritNerfMogul

BritNerfMogul

• Members
  • 560 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 06:39 AM

Plus, if you really want durability, you can even nest some brass between the connection for more surface area for the glue to hold onto.

And if you use 1/2 inch, it can also work as a dart stop too

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users