Really annoying....

5 replies to this topic

#1 leafy

leafy

• Members
  • 46 posts
  • State:Maryland

Posted 01 August 2012 - 04:31 PM

SO, I stopped at my favorite thrift store a few days ago and found a stock working expand a blast, yay!(along with an sm5k :P )I arrived back home and decided to watch Drac's vid on his "hop a blast" mod guide.Drac's vid. In the video he replaces the spring With a [k25] and still uses the stock catch. I have also seen several other mod guides where the stock catch isn't replaced. My Eab also has a real tough catch spring and I have even doubled and tripled it but it will not catch on any of my various spring combos except stock + recon, which blows. I think the springs may be too long. Any tips on safely cutting springs would also be appreciated. Thanks,

Leafy.

If you guys find it fun, then by all means flail and thrust away.

- Daniel Beaver

#2 BiwinningPanda

BiwinningPanda

• Members
  • 172 posts
  • State:New Jersey

Posted 01 August 2012 - 04:53 PM

If you think the spring is too long, use your Dremel to cut down the spring until it's compressed form is small enough for the catch to engage. If that doesn't work I'm not sure; maybe try ordering a [k25] to put in it.
LT.DAN ICE CREAM!!!!!! In response to the Tribal Council: Someone break out the Michael Jackson popcorn gif, this shit just got interesting.

#3 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts
  • NerfHaven Subscription Supporter
  • State:Oregon
  • u/Parabolictoys on Reddit

Posted 01 August 2012 - 05:23 PM

I arrived back home and decided to watch Drac's vid on his "hop a blast" mod guide.Drac's vid. In the video he replaces the spring With a [k25] and still uses the stock catch. I have also seen several other mod guides where the stock catch isn't replaced. My Eab also has a real tough catch spring and I have even doubled and tripled it but it will not catch on any of my various spring combos except stock + recon, which blows. I think the springs may be too long. Any tips on safely cutting springs would also be appreciated. Thanks,

Leafy.

A [k25] spring would be an excellent addition to the EAB. That said, I don't remember posting any videos about my EaB mods. Clearly this is an imposter.
[15:51] <+Noodle> titties
[15:51] <+Rhadamanthys> titties
[15:51] <+jakejagan> titties
[15:51] <+Lucian> boobs
[15:51] <+Gears> titties
[15:51] <@Draconis> Titties.
[15:52] <+Noodle> why is this so hard?

#4 BiwinningPanda

BiwinningPanda

• Members
  • 172 posts
  • State:New Jersey

Posted 01 August 2012 - 05:26 PM

A [k25] spring would be an excellent addition to the EAB. That said, I don't remember posting any videos about my EaB mods. Clearly this is an imposter.

Haha, I see what you did there.
LT.DAN ICE CREAM!!!!!! In response to the Tribal Council: Someone break out the Michael Jackson popcorn gif, this shit just got interesting.

#5 leafy

leafy

• Members
  • 46 posts
  • State:Maryland

Posted 01 August 2012 - 05:37 PM

I may just have to pick up a [k25] then. Anyone know the strength compared to an ace #49 or bbb spring?

If you guys find it fun, then by all means flail and thrust away.

- Daniel Beaver

#6 snakerbot

snakerbot

Maker of Things

• Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 07:20 PM

Somewhere between the two, I believe.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users