BANO: Bay Area Nerf Out! (California)

Take 2!

19 replies to this topic

#1 Righteous Fondue

Righteous Fondue

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 09:11 PM

Hey all, I'm Righteous Fondue, and there's been a conspicuous absence of wars in Norcal lately, and with summer almost over I've decided to host one!
Posted Image

Where: William Cann Neighborhood Park, Union City (BAFF used it for a while, and it seems like the ideal location)

When: Saturday, August 11th, 2012 from 11- whenever we get tired! (Probably 4-ish or later)

Who (Attendees)
Definites:
Righteous Fondue
B1g13en
Dagashi +3 (or more)
A few other people from the Facebook event.
RotS-Targe
Blue
Googoo1876

Maybes:
Bob O` Bob
SpookyLucaz
D4RK354B3R
Owmyquach

Gametypes: Team Deathmatch, capture the flag, pistol rounds, etc. (And maybe defend the core...)

Dart restrictions: No pointed objects (thumbtacks, nails, etc.) can be in your darts, no exposed metal, wirewrap darts, slingshot and 3/0 darts are pending my approval, I'll say no unless you send me pictures of them and they're not poorly made. Missiles, arrows, balls, and other oversized foam ammo is allowed.

Blaster Restrictions: Use common sense (No realistic blasters), no singled cobras, titans, roto rockets, or homemade air blasters unless you put absolvers on them. Plugged big blasts, LBBs, and similar air blasters are banned unless they've got a perfectly functioning OPRV. I reserve the right to spot ban blasters, so I'd advise you bring a back up (You should always bring a back up anyways)

UPDATE: MELEE ALLOWED IF YOU CARRY A BLASTER. MELEE WEAPONS MUST HAVE CONSIDERABLE FOAM PADDING, AND MUST PASS MY APPROVAL.

What to bring: Water, blasters (Primary, secondary, and bringing back-ups is a good idea.) darts (Stock or stefans) and EYE PROTECTION! If you don't bring any, you're not allowed to participate! Optional: Stuff to trade and/or sell, nerfy stuff for the raffle, etc.

TRADING: Should be done between rounds, before, or after the war, and don't come to the war just to unload your shit, that's not cool.
My WTB:
Expand A Blast
Crossbow
AT4K
AT3K
PETG
Ballzooka
Big Blast
UMB
STEFANS(I don't have any right now, and would really like to buy some at the war, slugs or domes)
My WTS:
Minimized overvolted stampede (12 volts, with 8 AA battery holder)
Pinpoint sight
Wyes
Clear 1/2", 3" and 4" PVC
Low Torque Ball Valves
Semi-stock (Locks removed, ARs intact) Blue LS, fantastic condition, no front gun, clips, but has a scope
Various other things
RAFFLE
We will be having a raffle, in order to enter you have to put a blaster or nerf-related item into the pile, then you will write your name on a piece of paper (Provided) and we'll pull names out of a hat. Please don't be a dick and put useless things into the raffle, you'll just be wasting everyone's time (Mystery boxes are excluded, as long as they contain something ;) )

I reserve the right to kick anyone out, if they're disobeying any rules, or acting like dicks.

We'll probably do a lunch break around 12 or 1, and go to a burger place in walking/short drive distance.

Edited by Righteous_Fondue, 11 August 2012 - 01:10 AM.

They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

#2 owmyquach

owmyquach

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 01:37 AM

Nice! Is there a "going" list that we could see too?

#3 Righteous Fondue

Righteous Fondue

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 02:02 AM

Nice! Is there a "going" list that we could see too?

Yeah, it's on there as "Who:" I'll update it as people confirm their attendance.

#4 Defender 7

Defender 7

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 10:09 PM

Right now I'm a maybe because my mom and dad needs to know if they can take a day off. If they can take a day off I'll tell you if I can come.
I like bacon.

#5 b1g13en

b1g13en

• Members
  • 268 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 11:17 PM

I'll be there!

#6 DORKSABER

DORKSABER

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 02:18 PM

ffffffff the timing on this is unfortunate; The mods I'm currently working on won't be done in time :(

I'll probably be going though.

#7 Righteous Fondue

Righteous Fondue

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 11:14 PM

So less than a week until the war, what gametypes would you like to play? Defend the Core, Capture the Flag, pistol rounds, free for all, and Team Deathmatch are definitely going to happen, but if any of you want to play something else too, tell me soon, so I can get whatever is needed for it.

EDIT: After some thought, VIP and Minnesota Wingman seem like they'd be fun, but the rules of the latter are complicated and might confuse some people.

Edited by Righteous_Fondue, 06 August 2012 - 12:45 AM.

#8 Blue

Blue

• Members
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 02:31 PM

Right now I'm a maybe because my mom and dad needs to know if they can take a day off. If they can take a day off I'll tell you if I can come.

If you really live in Nevada... I'm sorry but you shouldn't be driving this far for a war, especially if this is your first.

I am a maybe.
I have a ton of blasters and parts I need to sell so that is a major major motivator to my attendance. That and an official count of those facebook people.

#9 b1g13en

b1g13en

• Members
  • 268 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 08:28 PM

I'll be bringing white foam, at2k and at3k for sale. Also I will be bring 1-2 guests with me as well. If anyone have wyes and petg please bring them so I can trade/buy.

#10 Righteous Fondue

Righteous Fondue

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 01:35 AM

3 (well, 2 if you count today as pretty much over) days left until the war, let's try and get some more people confirmed!

#11 owmyquach

owmyquach

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 01:52 AM

I'm a maybe, just curious, about what age are you guys? I don't want to be there with a whole bunch of minors...

#12 Righteous Fondue

Righteous Fondue

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 03:22 AM

I'm a maybe, just curious, about what age are you guys? I don't want to be there with a whole bunch of minors...

Teehee.
A large portion of the attendees are from the UC Davis nerfing group, so they're college-age, but a handful of us are teenagers. Don't worry, we're not babbling retards, so we should get along just fine.

EDIT: I was half-hoping I wouldn't need to deal with this, but shields are allowed, but because they're awkward to work into gameplay, if you REALLY want to deal with them, you get specific rules YOU have to deal with, and if they get too complex, shields are banned for the rest of the day. If darts hit your shield, nothing happens, but if an arrow, ball, or missile or other large abnormal ammo hits you shield, you drop it for the rest of the round, and lose a life.

Edited by Righteous_Fondue, 09 August 2012 - 02:05 PM.

#13 b1g13en

b1g13en

• Members
  • 268 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 07:00 PM

Are there anyone that will be using white foam with green or black felt? I want to know ahead of time so I can mark my darts if needed.

Edited by b1g13en, 09 August 2012 - 07:00 PM.

#14 Blue

Blue

• Members
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 07:16 PM

What's the confirmed attendance at?
I'm more likely to come if there are at least enough people confirmed to have decent teams.
That and selling stuff... trying to make at least enough to pay for the gas there and back.
I have longshots, longstrikes, lots of modded nfs... for pretty cheap, like ~$20 for a LS and ~$10 for a lstk.
Message me for details.

#15 Righteous Fondue

Righteous Fondue

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 09:25 PM

Currently it's at about 15-20+, 10 (including me) confirmed on the FB event, then a bunch of un-officially confirmed B.U.R.N. and D.U.G.G. members (UC davis nerf, and other nerf group) so it looks like quite a few people are showing up! I'm going to be selling 1/2" sch.40 clear PVC, at $1 per foot, wyes at $2 a piece, and if you want, contact me ASAP for a 4" clear HAMP (3" clear pvc plunger "rod", and 4" clear PVC plunger tube.) I can throw one together tomorrow. If you want some 3" or 4" just on it's own, PM me and we can negotiate price/trade.

#16 Blue

Blue

• Members
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 03:43 PM

I think I will actively be trying to make this. I don't know what I'll be doing for darts as of right now, but if worst comes to worst I'll have streamlines. So I guess you can put me as confirmed.

#17 owmyquach

owmyquach

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 03:48 AM

If anyone has 17/32" brass tubes, please bring them! I will gladly buy them off you since my local OSH rarely restocks them.

#18 Righteous Fondue

Righteous Fondue

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 08:20 PM

Owmyquach, did you show up? I didn't really get many usernames to go with names...
Woot, had some fun! Now for the customary pros/con section.
++++++++++++++Met a ton of people
+++++++++++ Had fun
+++ Learned quite a bit about other nerfing groups in our area
+++ My cores and flags worked excellently
+++ Getting my brother involved
+ Having a fantastic meal of pork and potatoes when I got home
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ TACTICOOL DAGASHI
+ Meeting some bronies :D
------------ My darts not feeding in hoppers whatsoever
--- Not taking any pics or video
- Getting some minor injuries, mainly just blisters and sore legs
- Our usual area being taken up by a birthday party
+/- Trading away some stuff (I was really trying to get rid of stuff :/ )
+/- Losing lots of darts (Now I won't have to sort them out when I get new, GOOD darts that hopper)
+/- Exhaustion
Now I sleep...

#19 owmyquach

owmyquach

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 09:46 PM

Did anyone pick up my friend's hat by any chance? And yes I did, I was the guy with the longstrike/jolt and wearing the gray hat. It was nice to meet you all!

Edited by owmyquach, 11 August 2012 - 09:51 PM.

#20 Righteous Fondue

Righteous Fondue

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 10:51 PM

Ignore this.

Edited by Righteous_Fondue, 15 August 2012 - 12:03 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users