Deploy shoots 10ft?

need some range adding mods...

8 replies to this topic

#1 NSPRTN-117

NSPRTN-117

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 08:35 AM

okay so one of my cousin's little brother's friends got him a deploy, but because of their parents, neither of them can use it, one is in high school now and the other in sixth grade...very stupid to not let them use the nerf gun. anyway, because they cant use it, they gave it to me, and it only shoots 10-15ft?? wtf? if you guys have any range adding mods for the deploy, let me know and ill start an overhaul once i got some mods...
USER WAS WARNED FOR THIS POST

Please learn to use the shift key. Reread the Code of Conduct and New Members Guide before posting.

Edited by Zorn's Lemma, 29 July 2012 - 07:38 PM.

#2 Griever 2112

Griever 2112

• Members
  • 439 posts
  • State:New Jersey

Posted 29 July 2012 - 08:52 AM

It could have bern a dud. Which could be why your father's brother's cousin's nephew's former roomate just gave it too them...

Thw deploy is a bit of a pain to mod. Because of so many moving parts. But opening it will so any internal issues plus, standard A/R removal, a powerstock or spring replacement should increase ranges. Just check the internals for flaws. Just in case.

Griever 2112 still plays with his alpha trooper quite often despite owning one of the scariest +bows.

My Youtube Page

#3 Aeromech

Aeromech

• Moderators
  • 434 posts
  • NerfHaven Supporter
  • State:New York
  • Aeromech on Youtube

Posted 29 July 2012 - 09:00 AM

It could have bern a dud.

Ask the friend for the recipt and get a new one. If it still farts out the darts, it could just be the nature of the Deploy, but it does seem like you have a broken one. As for mods, here you go.
Watch my shitty videos

This is so ghetto but so awesome.

#4 proplus

proplus

• Members
  • 85 posts
  • State:California

Posted 29 July 2012 - 11:47 AM

Or if you're skilled enough you can go to the modifications derectory http://nerfhaven.com...showtopic=18985
"the peinus itself is a handle"

- Kane the medeocre

#5 exploe

exploe

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • State:Oklahoma

Posted 29 July 2012 - 04:04 PM

The deploy is already quite a horrible blaster, so i'm not surprised, it could be several things, as plastic dart shooters don't necessarily have the highest level of consistency.

#6 Zorns Lemma

Zorns Lemma

Sir Scrt

• Moderators
  • 1,277 posts
  • State:Virginia

Posted 29 July 2012 - 07:41 PM

There are plenty of places to look around here for deploy modifications. Try a forum search, a google search of the forum, or using the reference thread.

In the meantime, please look over the New Members Guide to improve post legibility.
"In short, the same knowledge that underlies the ability to produce correct judgement is also the knowledge that underlies the ability to recognize correct judgement. To lack the former is to be deficient in the latter."
Kruger and Dunning (1999)

#7 zx532

zx532

• Members
  • 216 posts
  • State:Connecticut

Posted 30 July 2012 - 12:17 AM

I have actually run into this problem before. There are two types of deploys, the kind that work, and the kind that don't work at all (or have very limited functionality). That may sound sarcastic, but it is actually a known issue with deploys. One way or another there was some sort of mistake (not too hard when you consider the massive amount of moving parts compared to other blasters) and Nerf shipped a dud blaster. Like Griever2112 said try to return it and switch it for one that works
(to anyone else reading this, another manifestation of the Deploy factory screw up is excessive dart munching/jamming)
Progress: Just a long line of people saying "See? I told you it could be done"

#8 Goldie

Goldie

• Members
  • 62 posts
  • State:Arizona

Posted 30 July 2012 - 12:54 AM

I have actually run into this problem before. There are two types of deploys, the kind that work, and the kind that don't work at all (or have very limited functionality). That may sound sarcastic, but it is actually a known issue with deploys. One way or another there was some sort of mistake (not too hard when you consider the massive amount of moving parts compared to other blasters) and Nerf shipped a dud blaster. Like Griever2112 said try to return it and switch it for one that works
(to anyone else reading this, another manifestation of the Deploy factory screw up is excessive dart munching/jamming)

This is something I have dealt with as well. I have had three or four kids from my street bring me there jammed or dud deploys. I have yet to pin-point the reason for these jams. I believe the main reason is the moving clip well/ light as well as people priming it to fast and using bum darts.

To the original poster: I know of a guy in Canada with the user name “Battle12” who cpvc breached his deploy. Your mileage may vary in recreating his mod.

Longshots are terribad and you should feel bad.
Crossbow shells suck and your mom sucks.

S.C.U.N.

#9 Reagent X

Reagent X

• Members
  • 87 posts
  • State:California

Posted 18 August 2012 - 11:36 PM

Get a Titan. Put the Titan internals inside the Deploy. Done.

I've never had luck with my Deploies (Deploys?), they're just ugly Recons. It's not like at a way you're gonna sneak up on someone with it.

Edited by Reagent X, 18 August 2012 - 11:38 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users