Photo

Nerf Maverick

3 replies to this topic

#1 azrael

azrael

• Members
  • 393 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 11:50 AM

Over the weekend, a few friends and I bought some Nerf guns while we were out of town.

I already have a few at home, so I thought that I would buy a cheapo just to pass the time. It would make a fun secondary, after my Raider or Retaliator.
I bought a Maverick, and have been modding it. Here is what I have done:
- did the Russian roulette mod
- removed air restrictors
- increased the air seal on the plunger tube with teflon tape
- added spring compression by adding 4 pennies to the back (also reinforced that area with hot glue)
- added a trigger spring to improve the rotation mechanism
- added foam in parts of the gun to lower rattling noise
- removed dead space from the barrel's entrance using hot glue and straws
- added a spring to the front assembly of the barrel to improve the air seal there

What else can I do? What kind of spring should I get?
Should I just get the Maverick spring on Orange Mod Works? I was going to buy a mod kit for my Raider there soon.

I'd like to get some PETG tubing to improve the seal inside the barrels, but I have no idea where to buy any. Replacing the barrels with PVC seems like too much work. I'd rather just insert PETG.

USER WAS WARNED FOR THIS POST

While your post legibility is excellent, and should be an example to all other FNGs, I don't want to leave this up as potential encouragement for more "what should I do to my blaster" threads.

Edited by Zorn's Lemma, 13 August 2012 - 01:12 PM.

Better Nerf By Science!
http://nerfscience.blogspot.com/

#2 Super0dp

Super0dp

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 12:03 PM

Over the weekend, a few friends and I bought some Nerf guns while we were out of town.

I already have a few at home, so I thought that I would buy a cheapo just to pass the time. It would make a fun secondary, after my Raider or Retaliator.
I bought a Maverick, and have been modding it. Here is what I have done:
- did the Russian roulette mod
- removed air restrictors
- increased the air seal on the plunger tube with teflon tape
- added spring compression by adding 4 pennies to the back (also reinforced that area with hot glue)
- added a trigger spring to improve the rotation mechanism
- added foam in parts of the gun to lower rattling noise
- removed dead space from the barrel's entrance using hot glue and straws
- added a spring to the front assembly of the barrel to improve the air seal there

What else can I do? What kind of spring should I get?
Should I just get the Maverick spring on Orange Mod Works? I was going to buy a mod kit for my Raider there soon.

I'd like to get some PETG tubing to improve the seal inside the barrels, but I have no idea where to buy any. Replacing the barrels with PVC seems like too much work. I'd rather just insert PETG.

I made a cool maverick with a rear loading mod and brass barrels. Just get some brass and shove them down there. Then use craft foam to improve the seal to the turret
Got Tools?

#3 chavez guy

chavez guy

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 12:22 PM

What else can I do?

Scroll down to where is says "maverick"

I'd like to get some PETG tubing

Once you are no longer an FNG, check out the trading forum and get someone to sell it to you. As of right now I don't think there are any dedicated vendors. But I could be wrong.

Edited by chavez_guy, 13 August 2012 - 12:24 PM.

Hablamos EspaƱol

#4 Zorns Lemma

Zorns Lemma

Sir Scrt

• Moderators
  • 1,277 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 01:08 PM

What else can I do?

Scroll down to where is says "maverick"

Pretty much this. From the New Members Guide:
  • DO NOT Post a 'which is best' thread, a 'what mods should I do to my [blaster]' thread, etc. Read the forums, make your own decision.

"In short, the same knowledge that underlies the ability to produce correct judgement is also the knowledge that underlies the ability to recognize correct judgement. To lack the former is to be deficient in the latter."
Kruger and Dunning (1999)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users