The tank that I used is honestly pretty bad this one is better. The reason I used a different tank in the final design is that the one in the write up broke (something fell on it). I decided to make a new one that still had the basic design of the first, but could also be opened if need be. long story short I failed, and ended up with something that was just as sealed up, and had a bigger spring. so while it had a much better air seal at lower pressures, the trigger pull was terrible. (if you want instructions on how to build it PM me, there's no point in me writing them up here)
To combat the hard trigger pull I made a lever trigger (thanks to the suggestions of a few people)
piece of aluminum 3/4*1/8*48 in. (I found it at home depot with the other metal stock)
2 "e" clips the same sise as the firing pin (1/4" in my case)
some scrap brass
some sort of glue
You will notice that the brass is cut open and flattened. do that.
your dimentions for the pieces of aluminum will be different than mine, the key things to notice are the tabs n the ends, they lock together (and asre slightly more than 1/8" (the thickness of the aluminum) deep
also the hole in the end needs to be bigger than the end of the bolt it is on
attatch the top part of the lever to the top of the tank (unless the tank is well secured within the blaster) this prevents the trigger from moving the entire tank)
also the brass gets wrapped around the firing pin (this will act as a spacer for the e-clips) you should test fit the lever before you do this, just to see how long the brass should be. Remember to remove a little bit more for the e-clips (DO NOT test fit the e-clips)
now put the vertical bar and e-clips in. both e-clips are behind the bar, they are facing in opposite directions so that the openings don't line up (and for added redundancy)
the joint where the vertical and horizontal bar meet is covered in gaffers tape (better for hinges than duct tape). This is not necessary if you cut the pieces right, I just really don't want to open this back up and mess with it, so I used overkill.
also put the trigger in at this point (Ignore the random piece of steel bolted to the trigger. It is left over from the previous trigger setup, and is completely irrelevant)
On to the breech, which is actually also the barrel, the dart is shoved into the 17/32 brass that goes to the tank, this holds it in place while you are running around, and the 9/16 barrel. Also about half an inch had to be trimmed from the jam door (but that was probably due to my tank placement)
that is the breech opening/dart holder
Breech open (note the brass barrel coming out of the front)
That was where the clips went. I completely cut it off, and covered the opening with a piece of steel.
Ranges with normal slugs, not the camo ones here (the camo ones need to be broken in a bit).
It shoots 108 feet +/- 2 feet (that is 8 slugs all within 4 feet of each other)
Link to the video (im not sure how to embed, I seem to remember there being a button, but I can't find it
On a final note, If you think I have completely left major steps out, read Popatachi's post that I linked above, It will probably answer any questions
Edited by zx532, 21 July 2012 - 11:01 AM.