Good Idea?

2 replies to this topic

#1 BlackhawkJack

BlackhawkJack

• Banned
  • 4 posts
  • State:Tennessee

Posted 20 July 2012 - 12:13 AM

I'm looking at a NATO 9mm Ammo Box to retro fit on my Vulcan to hold the ammo belt. Dimensions are 10 by 5 by 7(lwh). Good Idea? My worry is that the ammo box( it's metal ) will make one side so heavy on the Vulcan that it will become so unbalanced that I won't even be able to hold it steady. Maybe weights on the other side? By the way,by holding it with my hands it feels around 7-10lbs. Also what do you think I should offer the guy at the Army Surplus store for the box? He wants $25.00. Any thoughts, suggestions, and comments are appreciated. Thanks.

EDIT: Sorry for the concept thread. Didn't do my research.

Edited by BlackhawkJack, 20 July 2012 - 12:55 AM.

If I Told You I Was A Phsycological Liar, Would You Believe Me?

#2 Lucian

Lucian

• Members
  • 445 posts
  • u/lucian151 on Reddit

Posted 20 July 2012 - 12:33 AM

What I think is that you're twelve.
Concept threads are typically extremely hated, not that it's my place to say this.

Worrying about your Vulcan being unwieldy is the silliest thing I have read in the past 24 hours.

Edited by Lucian, 20 July 2012 - 12:33 AM.

Contact me for design consultation relating to 3D Printing, CNC Machining, and Laser Cutting. I am always happy to collaborate on viable Open Source projects and/or business ventures. 

#3 Daniel Beaver

Daniel Beaver

HQRSE CQCK

• Moderators
  • 2,070 posts
  • NerfHaven Subscription Supporter
  • State:Minnesota

Posted 20 July 2012 - 09:11 AM

Lucian: do not back-seat moderate. The report button is a more functional method of summoning the wrath of the moderators.

But you're right of course: this is a concept thread, which is not allowed. Build something and THEN post about it, not the other way around.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users