Retaliator dart tooth

(save it)

8 replies to this topic

#1 zx532

zx532

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 09:48 PM

first of all, if this is deemed "common sense" or "stating the obvious" I apologize I am only making the post because I was abou three seconds from ruining my own dart tooth before I thought of it.

Basically the dart tooth in the retaliator is the more reliable "flip to the side" style (like the one in the stampede) as opposed to the original one in the recon which (at least in my experience) tended to eat darts.

The retaliator tooth fits perfectly into the recon with no modification. So if you are doing an angel breech or similar, switch it out for the recon one before gutting it. Put the good one in the recon.
Progress: Just a long line of people saying "See? I told you it could be done"

#2 Guitarzan

Guitarzan

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 01:06 AM

Have you done this yourself?? I don't think it would be easy at all to install a retaliator dart tooth in a recon. The 2 different style dart tooths use completely different mechanisms.

#3 zx532

zx532

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 02:00 AM

Have you done this yourself?? I don't think it would be easy at all to install a retaliator dart tooth in a recon. The 2 different style dart tooths use completely different mechanisms.

Yeah, I did it right before posting, the mechanism may be different, but all the screw holes, and similar parts are in the same place

I was slightly wrong about the "no modification" however, it should be "no modification necessary, but some is suggested" there is a 3mm notch in the end of the breech this allows the lock to be disengaged before the door opens. It is not necessary to do with a stock breech/barrel you just need a brisk (for lack of better word forward motion when priming)

#4 zx532

zx532

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 02:01 AM

Sorry, weird server error

Edited by zx532, 19 July 2012 - 02:02 AM.

#5 Daniel Beaver

Daniel Beaver

HQRSE CQCK

• Moderators
  • 2,096 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 07:20 AM

I'll give it a try if I aquire an elite blaster. Recons are usually kept fairly stock, so this night help with loading reliability.

#6 Solscud007

Solscud007

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 09:12 AM

Wow good to know thanks. I have been giving it some thought and you might be able to retrofit the retaliator plunger system into a recon. Say you want to use retaliator innards in a sonic recon or clear recon. I think the only modification you would need is to accommodate for the smaller spring and plunger. The hole in the back of the recon is bigger for the reverse plunger. make it smaller and have a lip so the spring doesnt move and you should be good to go.

#7 Guitarzan

Guitarzan

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 09:26 AM

Yeah, I did it right before posting, the mechanism may be different, but all the screw holes, and similar parts are in the same place

I was slightly wrong about the "no modification" however, it should be "no modification necessary, but some is suggested" there is a 3mm notch in the end of the breech this allows the lock to be disengaged before the door opens. It is not necessary to do with a stock breech/barrel you just need a brisk (for lack of better word forward motion when priming)

that's pretty cool then.

#8 cmeej

cmeej

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 06:54 PM

Semi related question: do normal streamlines load work in the new Elite line?
Qualified Ginger
Deal affectionado and photo nazi.
"If at first the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it" -Albert Einstein

#9 zx532

zx532

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 09:58 PM

Wow good to know thanks. I have been giving it some thought and you might be able to retrofit the retaliator plunger system into a recon. Say you want to use retaliator innards in a sonic recon or clear recon. I think the only modification you would need is to accommodate for the smaller spring and plunger. The hole in the back of the recon is bigger for the reverse plunger. make it smaller and have a lip so the spring doesnt move and you should be good to go.

You will also need to make a space so the plunger tube can slide back and forth (oddly enough it moves about 2mm backwards when primed, and 2mm forwards when unprimed. That's how Hasbro made the "cant prime twice" safety, but it's also the way the catch is designed, one side is slightly recessed.

Semi related question: do normal streamlines load work in the new Elite line?

I don't actually know, the peg didn't look any longer than usual so I assume so (also Hasbro wouldn't be THAT stupid to make everyone completely rebuild their dart collection). But I honestly didn't think to try before opening it and putting an angel breech and stuff into it

On another semi related topic, the True Value #115 spring but down a little bit is a perfect replacement spring

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users