Photo

How To Tell The Difference Between Old And New Bf

3 replies to this topic

#1 Accord

Accord

• Banned
  • 141 posts

Posted 03 June 2004 - 11:43 PM

Alright, in CXWQ's mod, he said that you shouldn't plug the newer blast fires. I just wanted to know how you can tell the difference. thanks

#2 reversedracula

reversedracula

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 04 June 2004 - 01:34 AM

I believe the newer version came in a full box and the older version came in a partial box. Also, I think the newer version has a string in the green thing you cock back to set it to the first barrel in the order of five that pulls it back forward, allowing you to fire straight up, etc. This is all guessing on my part though, as I only have the old kind used so thus didn't see the box, and also haven't opened up anyone else's blastfires. Back me up or refute me, folks.

(I've altered this slightly so it fits with what other people say as they jog my Blastfire memory, if my memory agrees with what is said.)

Edited by reversedracula, 04 June 2004 - 10:28 AM.

NERF OR NOTHIGN!11!eleven!!!one!!!one!11!!!!onhoundredandeleven!!!!!

#3 Zero Talent

Zero Talent

• Contributors
  • 606 posts

Posted 04 June 2004 - 01:50 AM

The rerelease had "Blastfire DX 500" debossed on both sides, as in this picture from Cx's mod (upper-right corner of the side, in the green):

Posted Image

Also, the rerelease came in a full box, whereas the first release came in a partially open box for display purposes. The rerelease also has a pullspring attached to the metal bar in the cocking handle, which forces the handle to return forward upon release.
"'Revere me as hot! All others are not! THIS, I COMMAND!'"
- Death

#4 Crankymonky

Crankymonky

It's The Dean!

• Members
  • 687 posts

Posted 04 June 2004 - 06:21 AM

[thirst]
1. Newer BF came in full closed box.
Older BF came in partially open box.
2. Newer BF's say "Blastfire DX 500" In the top corner(nearest to the barrels) of the gun.
Older Bf's had no menton of the name.
3. Newer BF's had a spring on the priming mechansim allowing you to pull and release the green primer.
The Older BF must be manually turned back into the firing postion.

Performancewise, they are the same. if you have an old BF, it's a good idea to put rubber bands around the green cocking mechanism and the gun, so you push it forward manually.
[/thirst]

THIRST :huh:

Sorry, my stupid bro was logged in and I didnt know ^_^

Edited by crankymonky, 04 June 2004 - 06:22 AM.

Tyranny Response Team

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users