Combining Nf With Secret Strike

Yeah

17 replies to this topic

#1 CheeseNerfer

CheeseNerfer

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 03 June 2004 - 08:58 PM

I've decided to combine my night finder with a secret strike. The pump will be coming out of the handle, and the dart will be fired out a seperate barrel through what used to be the little light.

pics coming soon:

(Edit) Here we go: Picture, sorry It's so blurry I don't understand why (the body of the secret strike is just there it wont be part of the combo.

I just have to find a small nylon tube to connect the pump and the valve though, other than that I've got it down. The cool thing is I only started this morning!

Edited by CheeseNerfer, 03 June 2004 - 09:13 PM.

"Ahh The Power Of Cheese"

#2 GeneralPrimevil

GeneralPrimevil

• Members
  • 578 posts

Posted 03 June 2004 - 09:03 PM

Slick, dude.
Once you get pics I'll have something better to say. I'm too tired now; It's 10:02 here in Michigan. I'll close with this question: Why? They are both pistols.
"Fear the man with one gun, for he probably knows how to use it."

#3 AirApache

AirApache

• Members
  • 743 posts

Posted 03 June 2004 - 09:26 PM

Although it's cool, and you it's great that you are experimenting with different ideas (which is good), I’ll have to agree with General. The advantage of a pistol, besides its normally fast reloading time, is its size that allows you to carry it with you in your pocket or in a homemade holster, without it being cumbersome. But then, it’s up to you.

-AirApache
Indiana '11

#4 Vintage

Vintage

• Members
  • 462 posts

Posted 03 June 2004 - 09:37 PM

Dude that is awesome! I am gonna do it now. I might try to make it fire with a different type of trigger though.

To all who dissagree with the concept of pistol inside pistol, think about this:
Two shots from a small gun.
The possibility for four quick shots if you play with dual NiteFinders.
A use for the laser opening which does nothing in outside battles.
Still very holsterable, since you have done away with the tabs that adjust the laser sight.

I like the idea a whole lot. Good job CheeseNerfer.

~Vintage
You can get much further with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone
~Al Capone

#5 GeneralPrimevil

GeneralPrimevil

• Members
  • 578 posts

Posted 04 June 2004 - 06:15 AM

You really did do a good job on that intergration. It actually might help the Secret Strike by giving it a larger airtank.

As for the small bit of tubing, you could either: mod your RF20 like mine (if you have one), then you'll get about a foot of tubing. PM me for the mod. Or, since I did that mod, I have about four inches left of clear (used the rest for my AT3K) and 6.75 inches of orange (it used to connect the pump to the Liquitron Guage on an AT3K). The orange tubing has a slightly (1/32") smaller ID, so pick which one would work best. I could put it in an envelope and mail it to you at no cost. If you reply to my post, I won't be able to get back to you until Sunday, maybe Monday, so sorry about that.

One last way to get the tubing is to go to a hardware store and search the place. That sometimes takes a bit of time and it's not free. :huh:

#6 CheeseNerfer

CheeseNerfer

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 04 June 2004 - 09:26 AM

The only problem with the tubing is that it would need to be extremely small.

pictures:

Close-up on pump and valve holes

Non-close up on pump and valve

You can't use a tube too big though because it can't fit around the valve

any ideas, I'll get back to you General Prime Evil

#7 UpGraD3

UpGraD3

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 04 June 2004 - 09:43 AM

If you have a secret shot 1 there is very small tubing leading up to the shot on the bottom. Heres a picture:

Posted Image

Sorry so big just wanted you to see the tubing (that pics from yakmans site by the way).

Edited by UpGraD3, 04 June 2004 - 09:45 AM.

"Is luck a loser's excuse for a winners position?"

#8 reversedracula

reversedracula

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 04 June 2004 - 10:26 AM

I did a much cruder version of this for my single-shot PVC modded chainblazer... I just took the area where the rotator used to be, glued in part of a pic pen, clipped the secret strikes on by their keychains, and ducttaped them on tightly. The thing's got tusks now. It looks like a warthog... or a puma.

Edited by reversedracula, 04 June 2004 - 10:30 AM.

NERF OR NOTHIGN!11!eleven!!!one!!!one!11!!!!onhoundredandeleven!!!!!

#9 Vintage

Vintage

• Members
  • 462 posts

Posted 04 June 2004 - 10:36 AM

I am working on this integration right now. I find the tube leading from the pump to the valve would be too clumsy if the pump is located in the handle, so I am putting the pump right inside the dart holder under the laser assembly. I am also finding a way to add a second trigger next to the nite finder trigger to shoot the SSPB.

Don't worry, I will take pictures throughout the whole process. Haha, I might even do the mod outside for the greenery!

~Vintage
You can get much further with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone
~Al Capone

#10 Accord

Accord

• Banned
  • 141 posts

Posted 04 June 2004 - 11:51 AM

this has been done on www.nerfhq.com. Lefty CPVCed both the NF and the SSPB. He showed a picture, and its on his website. However he doesn't have a writeup for it.

#11 GeneralPrimevil

GeneralPrimevil

• Members
  • 578 posts

Posted 04 June 2004 - 11:54 AM

The OD of the clear is 1/4". The orange tubing is 7/32". As for getting it in those holes, I have no idea. I'll have to look through the thousands of car parts I have and find a few pieces that will work to connect. I have mine cut like yours, and all I have to say is that you cut it wrong. You should've left some of the plastic on the valve end. That way, just file it down a ways and glue the tubing to it. But since you didn't, I didn't. I really see no other way at the momentl. I currently am experimenting. I'll update in a bit.

#12 Vintage

Vintage

• Members
  • 462 posts

Posted 04 June 2004 - 01:37 PM

Here is the Finished product of Lefty's integration:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Notice how the SSPB is kept in it's original form. The NiteFinder was merely cut so the pump section could come out the side.

I think it's much cooler to relocate the pump to a more accessible area.

~Vintage

Edit: Here is CheeseNerfer's idea with my trigger system portrayed in Paint:
Posted Image
What do you think? Note: it's not to scale.

Edited by Vintage, 04 June 2004 - 03:54 PM.

~Al Capone

#13 Nazgul Lord

Nazgul Lord

• Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 04 June 2004 - 05:38 PM

That is a cool idea cheese. Too bad i dont have a nf or ss. <_<
Nazgul Lord of the CFM

#14 CheeseNerfer

CheeseNerfer

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 05 June 2004 - 01:42 PM

yeah your right about the cut Prime Evil, but thanks for following my lead. I'm thinking of cutting the pump a little more and glue it back on the valve, but I'm still not sure.

#15 BoltMasterZero

BoltMasterZero

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 05 June 2004 - 02:32 PM

I was going to do that....
Oh well,
I think that you should use the dual pumps in the handle from two SSPB's and have them both going into an airtank from a larger gun. Then you could link the two handles together so they pump at the same time. I think I may try this.

#16 NinjZ

NinjZ

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 05 June 2004 - 03:50 PM

I like the trigger idea alot.

#17 nerfspecialforces

nerfspecialforces

• Members
  • 443 posts

Posted 07 June 2004 - 10:23 AM

Me too. I'm still gonna try the relocated pump because it's eazier to get to.

-NSF
QUOTE(Arcanis @ Apr 8 2005, 05:02 PM)
When I insert a dick, nothing happens.

Call me NSF
N erf
S pecial
F orces

#18 seirus

seirus

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 08 June 2004 - 10:41 PM

I'd still like to see an integration of an Ultimator and about twenty sspb's that all shot simultaniously. Rocket launcher/minigun? Oh yeah......
Yeah, life sucks, but it does guarantee a trip around the sun every 365 days.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users