Airtech2k

problems

3 replies to this topic

#1 AirApache

AirApache

• Members
  • 743 posts

Posted 01 June 2004 - 12:34 AM

I'm modding my at2k right now, single barreled. A problem has popped up already.

I have to pump in a strange fashion, in order for no air to come back out. basically it's fine except the fact that if I pump 2 or more times, and let it go slack when the pump is near the endcap, it pushes it self out a tiny bit and for some reason, lets out a crapload of air.

I doubt this is normal, and if anyone knows how to prevent this from happening...or tell me why its happening, that would be great.

-AirApache

EDIT: I'm not sure if this is the same thing as 1313's problem, but I don't think so, as I hot-glued the area up by the goo-tube so that the air goes straight into the air tank. I did leave the rubber round thing there though.

Edited by AirApache, 01 June 2004 - 12:40 AM.

Indiana '11

#2 Nazgul Lord

Nazgul Lord

• Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 01 June 2004 - 05:32 PM

Maybe theres a leak somewhere else. Try putting it underwater and see what happens. ^_^
Nazgul Lord of the CFM

#3 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 01 June 2004 - 05:34 PM

I'm telling you AirApache, it's the check valve. Just go buy a cheap super soaker and replace the pump entirely.

~ompa

#4 AirApache

AirApache

• Members
  • 743 posts

Posted 01 June 2004 - 11:59 PM

Does anybody know how to fix the check valve for the pump? I really want this gun to work with the stock parts, but if nobody knows how to fix this, then I guess I'll hafta resort to using parts from other guns. :lol:
Basically, it's that little bit at the end of the pump tube that allows are to go up into the tank, but not back down into the pump tube. It's really annoying because if I can't fix it and stick with the stock darts, then I can't have the gun "ready" (as in, I pre-pump it, and then I can shoot, vs. pumping it up at the moment before you fire). :blush:
-AApache
Indiana '11

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users