Photo

Swarmfire Voltage Mod Help!!!

7 replies to this topic

#1 Silent Sniper 529

Silent Sniper 529

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 12:43 PM

Hey guys! I have been trying to voltage mod my Swarmfire to where it is at 18 volts, so it shoots twice as fast!I have 4 nine volts, but I am only trying to use 2. I have the connectors and enough solder to get it done, I just don't know how! All of my previous trys have been unsuccessful! With the 2 batteries, it I would be very happy if somebody could draw me the circuit and show me where I need to connect the batteries! I can even unsolder the battery tray if I need to! I would be forever in your debt! Thanks! I also can't figure out a way to put pictures on this without them being on the internet! So also could somebody tell me how to do that? I know I sound like an idiot to myself too. Thanks!

-Silentsniper529
"That's some hate."

#2 evilbunnyo

evilbunnyo

• Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 01:21 PM

You need to hook up the two 9vs in series.
  • Start by taking the connectors and soldering one black and one red lead together.
  • Cover that with e-tape or a cover.
  • Take a look at the battery tray.
  • If you put the batteries in normally identify which is the positive and negative plates and solder the other leads to that accordingly.
  • Then just hook up the batteries and glue them in place.

Silence is golden but duct tape is silver

#3 jackrabbit

jackrabbit

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 01:28 PM

Thanks! I also can't figure out a way to put pictures on this without them being on the internet!

There is no way unless you upload the pictures to a site like photobucket, http://nerfhaven.com...showtopic=21837 Read this and you will find your answer to your photo problem, I suggest you read it ALL.
Like a good neighbor my dog shits in your yard.
Like a good neighbor I watch your wife bath.
Like a good neighbor plant the drugs in your car.
Like a good neighbor pick your kids up in my white van.
"Allstate Oh Hell No"
Copyright 2010-2011 Allstate Insurance Company. All rights reserved.

#4 lasagna678

lasagna678

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 06:25 PM

You need to hook up the two 9vs in series.

• Start by taking the connectors and soldering one black and one red lead together.
  • Cover that with e-tape or a cover.
  • Take a look at the battery tray.
  • If you put the batteries in normally identify which is the positive and negative plates and solder the other leads to that accordingly.
  • Then just hook up the batteries and glue them in place.

Pretty much it. I made a little ms paint diagram for ya. It ain't the best, and I know that. But graphically it gets the job done.

Posted Image

#5 Silent Sniper 529

Silent Sniper 529

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 01:16 AM

Pretty much it. I made a little ms paint diagram for ya. It ain't the best, and I know that. But graphically it gets the job done.

Posted Image

Haha nice! Anyway thanks but I need to know where exactly in the battery tray do I need to solder the positive and negative leads to.
"That's some hate."

#6 evilbunnyo

evilbunnyo

• Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 01:51 AM

On the battery tray there should be metal plates on one side to connect to the inside of the blaster. Those are where you need to solder. If anyone has a picture it would help but I don't currently have one.
Silence is golden but duct tape is silver

#7 kevne

kevne

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 03:52 AM

Posted Image

My Swarmfire is currently under a ton of crap so I'll try and post a better pic later. Hopefully this will do in the mean time.
BritNerf, the Queen's favourite Nerf Forum.

The UK's most popular Nerf Blog.

I also have a Website.

#8 Silent Sniper 529

Silent Sniper 529

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 12:56 PM

K thanks this was helpful!
"That's some hate."

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users