Photo

Whats a good apoxie for nerf guns

8 replies to this topic

#1 manvswildfan01

manvswildfan01

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 03:17 PM

Hi I am modding my Vulcan and need a good apoxie that will work on plastic any suggestions.
Jonathan

#2 Gage

Gage

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 04:39 PM

I've never used it myself, but I watched a video where Lord Draconial used Loctite Quick Set Epoxy to seal a hole in a Recon CS-6's plunger tube. That might work if you can track some down.

#3 SlightlySane813

SlightlySane813

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 04:44 PM

Epoxy can be found at almost any hardware store in the adhesive section.
Also known as the French Canadian eh!

#4 shandsgator8

shandsgator8

• Members
  • 603 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 05:26 PM

I use JB Weld, but it's overkill and expensive, but I just love the stuff.

Note that generally speaking, the longer it takes for the epoxy to cure, the better water resistance it will have. Shouldn't be an issue with our blasters, but you never know...

#5 rego

rego

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 09:31 PM

Just about any epoxy putty or two part epoxy adhesive will work.Just check a local hardware store.
Airguns are better.

#6 Blue

Blue

• Members
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 09:47 PM

Loctite all purpose epoxy putty. It's white when cured but blue to start. I've fixed many things with it and switched from JB epoxy putty so I personally think it is better for plastics. Link

#7 zx532

zx532

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 10:37 AM

If you want something that isn't a putty, I use plastic welder (I can't remember the manufacturer but that is what it's called) most hardware stores should stock it. It comes in a black syringe
Progress: Just a long line of people saying "See? I told you it could be done"

#8 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 02:09 PM

If you want something that isn't a putty, I use plastic welder (I can't remember the manufacturer but that is what it's called) most hardware stores should stock it. It comes in a black syringe

Just a word of caution about this and other solvent welds: not all plastics are the same. Be sure to check the compatibility. Nerf generally uses ABS plastic, and I think sometimes uses nylon for certain parts (need some clarification here, the nylon bit could be false).

Edited by TantumBull, 09 June 2012 - 02:10 PM.

#9 Crater

Crater

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 09:14 PM

I think you mean Delrin (acetal). It's been used for parts that need more strength in a lot of newer Nerf designs, starting with the Alpha Trooper (I think). It's difficult/impossible to adhere or weld stuff to.
Crater is a combination of a box and a dent in the ground. (Thanks Tangerle)

I'll stand on my head and gargle peanut butter for 70 dollars.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users