Photo

Sharp Shot Modification

13 replies to this topic

#1 Gage

Gage

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 06:19 PM

I was given a Sharp Shot for this past Christmas, just before we got the announcement that the Sharp Shot would be released with a more powerful spring. Just my luck. It's extremely similar to a Scout IX-3, but unlike the previous Crossfire, performance is not so good. Between 15-20 feet. I didn't expect a powerful blaster, but this is too little for my standards. I like how this blaster feels, and it's fun to play around with, so it's got some advantages.

Posted Image

Here it is, it fits in well with the rest of the 2011/2012 Dart Tag line.

Posted Image

This blaster is pretty much a remake of the Scout IX-3. It has similar internals, capacity and looks. Here's a size comparison, although it's slightly longer and wider than the Scout.

Posted Image

In order to get into the blaster, you need to unscrew the three screws on the cocking handle. They are all the same size.

Posted Image

You will need to remove or cut the sticker at the bottom of the blaster, I don't know if all blasters have this or if it was just where I placed the sticker.

Posted Image

Remove the outer layer of the blaster by unscrewing the five screws. You can remove this permanently or re-attach it later.

Posted Image

The shell of the blaster looks like this when the final five screws are removed, coming to a total of thirteen screws. Unscrewing this blaster is a breeze by the way, extremely simple and easy.

Posted Image

These are the internals. Standard internals for a reverse-plunger blaster.

Posted Image

Let's focus on just this. You can swap/add another spring, but be sure to re-inforce the cocking bar if you do. I have had this happen to a Crossfire which was broken when the cocking bar's foundation snapped.

Posted Image

Take your drill and drill out the four pegs on this.

Posted Image

I suck at drilling, but get rid of that piece. rip it out with some plyers when you are done.

Posted Image

Then, go in and drill out the peg/peg stand. This may take a while, but when it's finished the air restrictor should come out, as long as you remove the back of the air restrictor before you do it. It's a weird looking air restrictor.

Posted Image

See this? Another hole in the barrel.

Posted Image

Not anymore. Get some tape and put a piece over it. This should help. Gluing or epoxying it will also probably work just as good.

Posted Image

Put everything back in the right places once you're done that.

Posted Image

The best way to get everything to work good is to put the cocking handle through the spring hoop before you should put the body on.

Posted Image

Slide the other side back onto the blaster, making sure everything fits good.

Posted Image

Place the cocking handle back on, and if you want, the other plastic piece. I'm attempting to paint it, so it wont be coming back on for a little bit. It should look nice when finished. Now, this blaster is a good blaster, what it should have been. I don't know about ranges yet, but it's a definite improvement, although still lacking. This blaster is seriously lacking still when compared to a Nite Finder, but is still a good sidearm if you modify it correctly. It's just a fun little blaster that I enjoyed messing around with. Thanks for reading.

#2 spencerak

spencerak

• Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 07:17 PM

Current production night finder springs are a perfect spring replacement for sharp shots, it has made my blaster significantly stronger that a stock spring.

Holy shit it's Captain Slug.

#3 Crusher9051

Crusher9051

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 08:41 PM

What are the ranges after the modifications?
Zip: 54751

#4 Exo

Exo

• Members
  • 391 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 08:58 PM

I would recommend not leaving the outer shell off, there are too many screws in it, that if it were removed, the blaster wouldn't be as strong. Also, the front wall of the catch box is rather weak, and if you plan on adding better springs, it should be reinforced with epoxy putty, otherwise it will misfire or not catch randomly. I like this blaster, but the trigger box is a bit too close to the back to be fully comfy.

Edited by Exo, 04 June 2012 - 08:58 PM.

#5 Daniel Beaver

Daniel Beaver

HQRSE CQCK

• Moderators
  • 2,097 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 09:05 PM

I would recommend not leaving the outer shell off, there are too many screws in it, that if it were removed, the blaster wouldn't be as strong.

Nah, it's fine.

#6 Jilliop

Jilliop

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 09:07 PM

I put three springs in mine. Stock, Scout, and maybe Maverick. That plate that holds the catch in place, as aforementioned, got diddled in 20 shots. Like, "big black dudes gang-banging some defenseless prostitute" diddled.

#7 spencerak

spencerak

• Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 09:24 PM

Nah, it's fine.

I agree, the sharp shot is my favorite handle on any of the blasters that I own.

Holy shit it's Captain Slug.

#8 TED

TED

In Brightest Prawn, in Darkest Shrimp...

• Administrators
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:44 PM

I put three springs in mine. Stock, Scout, and maybe Maverick. That plate that holds the catch in place, as aforementioned, got raped in 20 shots. Like, "big black dudes gang-banging some defenseless prostitute" raped.

You are racist.

Also where are you quoting that from?
Star Wars can go fuck itself.

#9 Exo

Exo

• Members
  • 391 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 12:22 AM

I agree, the sharp shot is my favorite handle on any of the blasters that I own.

I believe he was talking about the shell, not the handle. Anyways, thinking about it a bit more, yes, it may be fine without the screw strength from the outer shell. You may have smaller hands than I do. I think it is comfy, it's just not perfect for me.

#10 Gage

Gage

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 04:28 PM

What are the ranges after the modifications?

When I shot it into my backyard (approximately 45 feet), I was able to get it around the 35-40 feet mark. Not bad for its original size, and the fact that it was initially 15-20 feet.

#11 Jilliop

Jilliop

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 02:56 PM

You are racist.

Also where are you quoting that from?

'Twas not to be taken seriously. I'm not a racist. It was a joke, and not quoted from anywhere. I'm sorry if I offended you. My point was that it got destroyed.

#12 Daniel Beaver

Daniel Beaver

HQRSE CQCK

• Moderators
  • 2,097 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 05:13 PM

My point was that it got destroyed.

Your point was that your treatment of the blaster was similar to a group of viscous men forcibly violating a helpless, screaming young woman, who will forever be scarred and shamed by the experience.

(Hint: it's not necessary to use vivid imagery when using a dysphemism like "diddled")

#13 Jilliop

Jilliop

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 08:34 AM

Your point was that your treatment of the blaster was similar to a group of viscous men forcibly violating a helpless, screaming young woman, who will forever be scarred and shamed by the experience.

(Hint: it's not necessary to use vivid imagery when using a dysphemism like "diddled")

My apologies. Won't happen again.

#14 Steampunkzombie

Steampunkzombie

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 01:53 PM

Current production night finder springs are a perfect spring replacement for sharp shots, it has made my blaster significantly stronger that a stock spring.

I put a Nite Finder spring in my Sharp Shot and it doubled the range.
USER WAS WARNED FOR THIS POST

Don't be a necrophile. Read the New Members Guide

Edited by Zorn's Lemma, 01 January 2013 - 02:26 PM.

My Youtube
My deviantART profile
Good things come to those who drink Pepsi
Your stupidity offends me

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users