#1 Falrion

Falrion

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • State:California

Posted 15 May 2012 - 06:02 PM

look, I get it. FNG.

doesn't mean I don't have ideas.

I need a bit of help, and have some great plans.

I find nerf fun, and airsoft fun. so, how can i combine them for the most safe, and realistic fun?

gasloading the Scout IX-3.

anyhow, I go for the scout because it has a good place for dremmeling out the front of the gun so i could McGiver a 4-10 round mag, and then gasload the handle to make it semi-automatic. ambitious project, huh? good thing is, i have most of it planned to the finest detail. pic coming soon.

yes, its complicated, yes its expensive.

but i think its worth it.

thanks to anyone who helps out.

Falrion.

Edited by Falrion, 15 May 2012 - 06:52 PM.

#2 evilbunnyo

evilbunnyo

• Members
  • 404 posts
  • State:New York

Posted 15 May 2012 - 06:45 PM

Welcome to the forums. Its great that you want to start modifying Nerf blasters but your first post shouldn't really be about turning a harmless Nerf blaster into a air soft gun. There are a lot of people on this forum that like both so you should get some input from them. Also just in case you wouldn't figure it out, most Nerf guns re-shelled into air soft guns are banned for looking to realistic and definitely all air soft guns in nerf shells are banned at wars hosted by the NiC.

With that aside good luck with the mod if you choose to do it. Hopefully you'll become an active member of this community.
Silence is golden but duct tape is silver

#3 Falrion

Falrion

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 06:49 PM

sorry if i didnt say what i meant. i want the gun to still use nerf darts, and be able to be used in nerf wars, here. i am using airsoft system ideas and basics to make it semi-automatic.

sorry for the misunderstanding.

#4 evilbunnyo

evilbunnyo

• Members
  • 404 posts
  • State:New York

Posted 15 May 2012 - 06:52 PM

sorry if i didnt say what i meant. i want the gun to still use nerf darts, and be able to be used in nerf wars, here. i am using airsoft system ideas and basics to make it semi-automatic.

sorry for the misunderstanding.

So your looking to take a co2 tank or canister and make it shoot darts? If thats the case then I have seen mavericks with that before. The range isn't that great though.
Silence is golden but duct tape is silver

#5 Falrion

Falrion

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 06:55 PM

pretty much. i figure that it might work, and if it doesnt, its a good prop. reasin im fine making it a prop is, ironically, its already broken, and missing half the internals.

stupid little kids.....

as for the range, i might change some of the internals, or i might just give it more power. if this doenst work, i still have the 10 round/ second gun to work on....

theres a reason i havent said anything bout that gun, its complex. no gas, though...

Edited by Falrion, 15 May 2012 - 07:23 PM.

#6 Daniel Beaver

Daniel Beaver

HQRSE CQCK

• Moderators
  • 2,074 posts
  • NerfHaven Subscription Supporter
  • State:Minnesota

Posted 15 May 2012 - 07:44 PM

This is an "ideas thread", which are not allowed. Build something first, then either post pictures in the picture thread, or post a writeup.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users