6 replies to this topic

#1 Coop

Coop

#sogoodmuchtacticswowinit2winit360noscopehax0rleetbeastmodeactiv

• Members
  • 775 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 05:28 PM

Polycarbonate Shotgun-Style Priming Grip for Longshot

I know there have been many other shotgun-style grips but I’m sharing mine just to have more on file for users to choose from. The purpose of this grip is to be used with a Longshot which has had the front portion cut down to decrease size. The fit of the grip is tight in order to eliminate wasted space or bulk.

I have two versions of a very similar grip. One uses only polycarbonate as the main material, while the other uses aluminum bars as the "pushing arms.” The main difference is the look and feel. The polycarbonate version hugs the Longshot shell a bit more which is nice, but it could potentially cause harm to your paint job because of the lack of clearance. The metal version is lifted off the shell a bit more, protecting the paint but also making the grip wider than it needs to be. The metal is also nice if you're running a very big spring and are worried about the polycarbonate bending. However, 1/4" polycarbonate is sufficient for most spring combinations you can comfortably add to a Longshot.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Materials Needed:
- 1/4” Polycarbonate
- 6-32 machine screws
- Solvent weld (for polycarbonate version)
- 1/4" x 1/2" aluminum rod (for metal pushing rod version) McMaster link to item I used:8975K13
- Template paper and printer
- #8 threaded rod
- #8 nuts

Tools Needed:
- Drill press / drill / rotary tool
- Scroll saw / rotary tool
- 6-32 tapping set
- Sand paper / file set
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Polycarbonate Version:

Template Download:
MediaFire: http://www.mediafire...8wj5b6vuy32ym66
Also on my site as a backup source. Labeled “LS-GRIP-POLYCARBONATE”: http://coop772.com/home/downloads

Instructions:
1) Download and print provided template onto adhesive backed label paper
2) Cut out template and adhere to 1/4” polycarbonate
3) Drill and cut polycarbonate to match template
4) Drill and tap mid pieces along purple “tapping” line
5) Sand edges of polycarbonate for comfort
6) Adhere connector piece to the grip and the extension arm
7) Assemble remaining pieces using 6-32 machine screws
8) Cut slot in Longshot to match priming grip – Note: you must cut off the front bit as if you were integrating a Longshot Front Gun (LSFG) for this priming grip to fit your Longshot properly.
9) Cut two #8 threaded rods to fit into the front and rear guide of the grip
10) Line up grip and insert #8 threaded rods into appropriate holes. Secure with nuts.
11) Done

I forgot to take pictures of the grip before assembly and the Longshot is now in the possession of Xellah. Here is a single picture of the installed grip.
Posted Image

Metal Pushing Rod Version:

Template Download
MediaFire: http://www.mediafire...rk3xdmf17afwns6
Also on my site as a backup source. Labeled as "LS-GRIP-ALUMINUM": http://coop772.com/home/downloads

Instructions:
1) Download and print provided template onto adhesive backed label paper
2) Cut out template and adhere to 1/4” polycarbonate and the aluminum rod
3) Drill and cut polycarbonate and aluminum to match template
4) Drill and tap mid pieces along purple “tapping” line
5) Sand edges of polycarbonate for comfort
6) Assemble pieces using 6-32 machine screws
7) Cut slot in Longshot to match priming grip – Note: you must cut off front bit as if you were integrating a Longshot Front Gun (LSFG) for this priming grip to fit your Longshot properly.
8) Cut two #8 threaded rods to fit into the front and rear guide of the grip
9) Line up grip and mark rear holes in aluminum bars. Remove grip and drill holes for rear #8 rod.
9) Line up grip and insert #8 threaded rods into appropriate holes. Secure with nuts.
10) Done

Images of completed grip:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

This isn’t really a great tutorial, but it’s documentation of another working priming grip for those users that want to build one but don’t want to design it themselves.

On the other hand, the guy who posted before me used the word 'fuck' a lot so he probably knows what he's talking about.

#2 modsfornerf

modsfornerf

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 05:43 PM

Nice job I will be doing this on my next longshot.
Check out my youtube channel My link
Also check out my blog: website

#3 Slime

Slime

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 06:08 PM

Great job Coop! I like both of the designs a lot. I am definitely going to do one of them.

#4 Guitarzan

Guitarzan

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 09:39 PM

After seeing this on youtube i was truly hoping you would post this!! Excellent job

#5 Nerfomania

Nerfomania

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 02:38 AM

Interesting design, thanks for sharing.

How is it comfort wise with it being rectangular (personally I cannot stand wider rectangular grips)? I imagine you could add your own grip onto the bottom portion if you felt so inclined however.

Nice work.
20:45 Talio I'll have the talk with you
20:45 Talio penis in vagina
20:45 Talio fin

#6 Coop

Coop

#sogoodmuchtacticswowinit2winit360noscopehax0rleetbeastmodeactiv

• Members
  • 775 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 11:00 AM

How is it comfort wise with it being rectangular (personally I cannot stand wider rectangular grips)? I imagine you could add your own grip onto the bottom portion if you felt so inclined however.

This was concern of mine in the designing stages, too. This design allows for a huge amount of sanding to the bottom of the side plates to allow for a more comfortable grip. The bottom support piece isn't flush with the bottom, so sanding the edges off won't affect the assembly. Also, the front plate allows you to cup most of the grip on the side, but also add a finger or two to the front to get a more solid pull.

I've made a PVC based grip and can't really say it was more comfortable than this. Adding foam or padding of some kind could probably make it more comfortable, but I had no problems with it and I put about 200 rounds through it in one "sitting."

On the other hand, the guy who posted before me used the word 'fuck' a lot so he probably knows what he's talking about.

#7 Guitarzan

Guitarzan

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 09:22 AM

I'm pretty big an aesthetics, and i just think the pvc grips look cheesy no matter what you do to them. This looks awesome to me though

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users