Photo

ClipTek Dual SSPB Integration (Please close)

Please close, reposted

7 replies to this topic

#1 idleninja

idleninja

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 09:14 PM

Mods please close this.

Edited by idleninja, 17 May 2012 - 01:29 AM.

Sig?

#2 thesaz123

thesaz123

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 09:34 PM

Pretty sweet dude! If you get the main gun working better, this could be a fun, although not useful, primary!
Thesaz123: Noob Nerf Modder

#3 Daniel Beaver

Daniel Beaver

HQRSE CQCK

• Moderators
  • 2,097 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 09:46 PM

You might want to resize your images. Tinypic has an option to resize pictures to 1024x768 or 800x600 when you upload.

#4 idleninja

idleninja

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 10:59 PM

You might want to resize your images. Tinypic has an option to resize pictures to 1024x768 or 800x600 when you upload.

Resized, sorry about that.
I thought NH had an automatic resize thing but yeah those were too big.

Pretty sweet dude! If you get the main gun working better, this could be a fun, although not useful, primary!

Thanks!
Posted Image
Posted Image
That's why I said there's a part 2 coming :D

Edited by idleninja, 09 May 2012 - 01:04 AM.

Sig?

#5 Buffdaddy

Buffdaddy

Do not buy from this member

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 824 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 01:50 PM

I always assumed that it was the typical, crappy Buzz Bee clip blaster, but I see the plunger tube is much closer to the shells than it is in the Rapid Fire Tek or Hawk. This might actually have potential.

#6 BritNerfMogul

BritNerfMogul

• Members
  • 560 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 02:20 PM

This is an excellent idea. May I suggest putting a bolt through both pumps to save time?

#7 hamoidar

hamoidar

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 02:35 PM

This is pretty cool! Most of the time people just integrate one of these. Just one question: Is pumping the SSPB's difficult when the barrels are inserted. Also, I agree with
Britnerf, you should put something to connect the pumps. It would make pumping them much easier. Especially with the barrels in the way.
NerfHaven > Your control panel > Profile > Change Signature > Inserts dumb sig > What! No pictures! > Inserts next best thing: http://nerfhaven.com...howuser=114052' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>Best thing on Nerfhaven!

#8 idleninja

idleninja

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 01:51 AM

Thanks for all the comments!

I always assumed that it was the typical, crappy Buzz Bee clip blaster, but I see the plunger tube is much closer to the shells than it is in the Rapid Fire Tek or Hawk. This might actually have potential.

I have this, the RFR and the Hunter, and I think the ClipTek has the most potential because the air from the plunger flows directly to the bolt instead of going through a bunch of tubes. Not sure why everyone always hates on the ClipTek.

This is an excellent idea. May I suggest putting a bolt through both pumps to save time?

This is pretty cool! Most of the time people just integrate one of these. Just one question: Is pumping the SSPB's difficult when the barrels are inserted. Also, I agree with
Britnerf, you should put something to connect the pumps. It would make pumping them much easier. Especially with the barrels in the way.

Thanks and thanks! I am planning to connect the pumps together once I finish modding the plungertube portion of the gun (is gun the correct term or do I call it a blaster?). It isn't hard to pump the SSPB's up with barrels attached at all, and I have pretty big hands. I just put my index and middle finger on each pump when I pump them.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted Image
I was going to use a NUUN tube for a PT replacement, but the I/D (1-1/16) doesn't match up well with any neoprene washers I could find (this ^^^ picture is with the stock seal) and there are alignment issues that I need to solve. Unlubed and with a too-small neoprene washer for a seal it was getting about the same ranges as stock, 35-45 feet level. I will either replace the NUUN tube with an AT3K pump+head, or cut the shell so that an upside-down NF will fit.

Also...

Posted Image

For anyone who wants to mod this blaster, this green hole here is what connects the plunger tube to the bolt, and through the bolt to the shells. You could conceivably connect ANYTHING that pushes air to this hole here with tubing. If you were to hookup a 4B or something similar you could have a really powerful shellfed gun.

I will make a new thread (with writeup) once I finish replacing the plungertube. (Which might not happen until school finishes)

Thanks again all!
Sig?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users