Photo

Recon Problems...

19 replies to this topic

#1 Steampunkzombie

Steampunkzombie

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 06:10 PM

My friend Johnny and I painted and modded are recon but we cant put it back together(we just started painted and modding stuff) PLEASE HELP!!!!! For the sake of people who need more info about my problem I CAN NOT PUT IT BACK TOGETHER!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Steampunkzombie, 07 May 2012 - 04:49 PM.

My Youtube
My deviantART profile
Good things come to those who drink Pepsi
Your stupidity offends me

#2 exploe

exploe

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 06:16 PM

I would suggest finding a nice internals picture of the recon, and trying to set your internals in exactly as they are in the picture.

#3 thesaz123

thesaz123

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 06:17 PM

First, i suggest you get your grades up in English Grammar. Second, here is an internal picture of a recon. Posted Image

if you have everything together right, i suggest sanding all the paint off, sanding more, and then repainting, so everything can slide correctly.

Edited by thesaz123, 06 May 2012 - 06:19 PM.

Thesaz123: Noob Nerf Modder

#4 Daniel Beaver

Daniel Beaver

HQRSE CQCK

• Moderators
  • 2,099 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 06:14 AM

My friend Johnny and I painted and modded are recon but we cant put it back together(we just started painted and modding stuff) PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Oh man, how is Johnny? We haven't heard from him for awhile!

Your post is extremely short on details, so don't expect much help at all from us. Refer to the internals picture that thesaz123 posted, and try to figure it out for yourself. Recons are a little bit tricky to reassemble, but so are a lot of nerf guns. If you're really stumped, then post a picture of what you have and describe the problem in detail.

#5 Blue

Blue

• Members
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 10:14 AM

It's easier to put back together if you don't bother with the useless locks too, so maybe this pic will help.

Posted Image

#6 Jess

Jess

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 09:50 PM

My very first mod ever was a Recon and to say the least... I butchered it. So I'm just going to say that if you stretched the spring at all, the catch springs won't cooperate. So I'd say to get a new Recon and probably go watch a few Youtube videos before you start on modding it.
Has anyone else ever had the problem of the recon snapping out of the shell every time you try to screw the the thing together? Cause i'm nervous about trying to mod another one.

#7 Blue

Blue

• Members
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 09:58 PM

My very first mod ever was a Recon and to say the least... I butchered it. So I'm just going to say that if you stretched the spring at all, the catch springs won't cooperate. So I'd say to get a new Recon and probably go watch a few Youtube videos before you start on modding it.
Has anyone else ever had the problem of the recon snapping out of the shell every time you try to screw the the thing together? Cause i'm nervous about trying to mod another one.

You should never stretch springs to begin with...

#8 Jess

Jess

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 03:04 PM

My point exactly.

#9 Conradw916

Conradw916

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 04:58 PM

well streching a spring can be very bad but its great for beginer modders to do, beginers dont know what springs to get.

#10 Daniel Beaver

Daniel Beaver

HQRSE CQCK

• Moderators
  • 2,099 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:29 PM

well streching a spring can be very bad but its great for beginer modders to do, beginers dont know what springs to get.

No, it's not. It just ruins your spring.

Edited by Daniel Beaver, 08 May 2012 - 07:31 PM.

#11 mysterio

mysterio

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 08:22 PM

Did you remove the internals and take everything apart before painting? Did you sand the area underneath the slide and make sure no paint got in the blaster?

If two powerful is a problem then just go with one powerful. I guess this style of hopper will work even beyond three powerful..

15:46 *** Buff is now known as TheGdiddler
15:51 TheGdiddler I'M GONNA GRAPE YOU"

#12 Conradw916

Conradw916

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 08:58 AM

No, it's not. It just ruins your spring.

It's fine for basic AR removal, but you replace the spring anyway in full modding.

#13 Daniel Beaver

Daniel Beaver

HQRSE CQCK

• Moderators
  • 2,099 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 09:19 AM

It's fine for basic AR removal, but you replace the spring anyway in full modding.

No, springs should never be stretched under any circumstances.If you want more power, replace the spring or add precompression (and even precompression screws up the spring over time).

Edited by Daniel Beaver, 09 May 2012 - 09:20 AM.

#14 Conradw916

Conradw916

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 06:08 PM

No, springs should never be stretched under any circumstances.If you want more power, replace the spring or add precompression (and even precompression screws up the spring over time).

'Yes you replace it.'

USER WAS WARNED FOR THIS POST

Edited by Daniel Beaver, 18 June 2012 - 07:36 PM.

#15 Daniel Beaver

Daniel Beaver

HQRSE CQCK

• Moderators
  • 2,099 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 07:33 PM

'Yes you replace it.'

Finding a replacement spring for a Recon is a non-trivial problem.

Also, don't necro shit.

#16 Hammy

Hammy

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 01:15 AM

To answer one post, The 1st recon I dis-assembled, I ended throwing the whole thing away in frustration.
For a novice, it is best to remove all of the locks.

Then as an exercise when more experienced, indentify which part is the trigger lock and put that back inside on a rainy day.
So keep all the bits you remove for those rainy days.

The clip and trigger lock are quite visible. But there is one not so visible lock under the bolt sled,
just above where the trigger/clip locks are located, but on the bolt sled.
There are 1 or 2 small screws. Undo these, then remove the small cover, take out the small spring and plastic thing inside, then rescrew the small cover back.

The lock under the bolt-sled is responsible for locking the priming handle in the forward position once the blaster is primed,
and is a major pain in the butt, so you don't need it anyway.

Good luck.

Edited by Hammy, 19 June 2012 - 01:17 AM.

#17 Conradw916

Conradw916

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 07:39 PM

Finding a replacement spring for a Recon is a non-trivial problem.

Also, don't necro shit.

"Dude i'm not just get this threw, its ok to stretch a spring if you jus starrted modding( yes it ruins it) but in later mods its replaced anyway so its no big deal end of story "

Edited by Daniel Beaver, 20 June 2012 - 08:36 PM.

#18 Conradw916

Conradw916

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 07:41 PM

To answer one post, The 1st recon I dis-assembled, I ended throwing the whole thing away in frustration.
For a novice, it is best to remove all of the locks.

Then as an exercise when more experienced, indentify which part is the trigger lock and put that back inside on a rainy day.
So keep all the bits you remove for those rainy days.

The clip and trigger lock are quite visible. But there is one not so visible lock under the bolt sled,
just above where the trigger/clip locks are located, but on the bolt sled.
There are 1 or 2 small screws. Undo these, then remove the small cover, take out the small spring and plastic thing inside, then rescrew the small cover back.

The lock under the bolt-sled is responsible for locking the priming handle in the forward position once the blaster is primed,
and is a major pain in the butt, so you don't need it anyway.

Good luck.

Very well put!

Suspended for 30 days for constantly posting total crap.

Edited by Daniel Beaver, 21 June 2012 - 07:45 AM.

#19 BMSCmods

BMSCmods

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:19 PM

the way i put back my recon back totegther is by
( NOTE: ) before i do these steps i like to take out te black piece at the top of the shell just so its no the way
1. take out catch spring then slide in your catch
2. put in your plunger tube with your spring on it
3. slide in the back black piece so when installing the bolt assembly your catch and plunger tube shoot out all over the place! that is very frustrating!!! :angry:
4. lift your plunger up 45% from the shell of the recon
5. slide in your bolt assembly at the required angle
6. then slowly lower the plunger assembly backinto the shell while slowly half compressing the spring
( NOTE: ) your bolt assembly should be far enough back that it is parallel to the shell and is not getting stuck or jammed in the guide rail.
7. slowly release the bolt assembly foward so the front of the breech closes and locks on with the back of the guide rail
8. once these steps are finished try and slide back your breech
9. if the breech slides back youve done it correctly... if its stuck then you might be in trouble
10. then put on your catch spring
11. ( OPTIONAL: ) put your black piece back in at the top of the shell

HOPE THIS HELPED

- BMSC

Edited by BMSCmods, 20 June 2012 - 08:23 PM.

#20 Daniel Beaver

Daniel Beaver

HQRSE CQCK

• Moderators
  • 2,099 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 09:09 PM

This thread isn't helping anyone.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users