Nitefinder

improvised barrel

3 replies to this topic

#1 Maverick475

Maverick475

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 May 2004 - 09:15 PM

I played with nerf guns as a little kid a lot, but after a certain age and put them all in the basement and forgot about them. Recently a friend and myself found them, got back into nerf. So afterwards, I decided to go out, get a NiteFinder, and modify it. I read here that CPVC fit inside the gun better than PVC so I got some and epoxied it onto the barrel. In my haste though, I put on CPVC that don't fit my darts (stock and stefan micros) . So I sat down, and after so thought, came up with a solution. I put on a 1/2 inch CPVC coupler on and then hammered on a 1/2 inch PVC coupler around the CPVC coupler, from there I put three inches of 1/2 inch PVC with a crayola barrel inside. With the other modifications I put on it, my NiteFinder gets around 70 feet level. Any advise or critiques on my barrel? Any tips on futher improvement would be helpful.

Posted Image

Edited by Maverick475, 01 June 2004 - 09:05 PM.

#2 AirApache

AirApache

• Members
  • 743 posts

Posted 30 May 2004 - 09:21 PM

Nice work. Nitefinders typically get around that range, (or less). Can you add a picture? Also, add what old guns you found in the thread titled "Arsenal." After you add the pic, then maybe we can give more advice or critiques.

-AirApache

P.S. Nicely written first post. :P
Indiana '11

#3 nerfspecialforces

nerfspecialforces

• Members
  • 443 posts

Posted 31 May 2004 - 09:49 PM

Check out the spring plunger mod just posted, I should have been the last to post on it......for now.....Mine,.... after breaking the tape meassure :lol: ......, got 83 feet.
QUOTE(Arcanis @ Apr 8 2005, 05:02 PM)
When I insert a dick, nothing happens.

Call me NSF
N erf
S pecial
F orces

#4 NinjZ

NinjZ

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 31 May 2004 - 09:57 PM

Try "drilling" holes into your micro darts with a wendies straw, that makes them fit cpvc better as they can get "squished" a bit more.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users