8 replies to this topic

#1 thesaz123

thesaz123

• Members
  • 214 posts
  • State:Pennsylvania

Posted 02 May 2012 - 12:15 PM

Hey,

So i plan on making a magstrike semi auto, by hooking up an RSCB'd shotblast tank to the bladder, completely eliminating the piston part of the blaster, I've seen it done on the SGnerf site. But the thing is, i need a flow control valve so all the air doesn't go out of the bladder at once and through the opening of the shotblast tank. I want to get at least 3 shots in before pumping, and i believe this is do-able. Can someone direct me to an online store to purchase a flow control valve for this purpose? I like using 1/8in ID, 1/4in OD tubing, so that size valve is prefered. Thanks.
Thesaz123: Noob Nerf Modder

#2 Pause

Pause

• Members
  • 107 posts
  • State:Hawaii

Posted 02 May 2012 - 02:17 PM

Hey,

So i plan on making a magstrike semi auto, by hooking up an RSCB'd shotblast tank to the bladder, completely eliminating the piston part of the blaster, I've seen it done on the SGnerf site. But the thing is, i need a flow control valve so all the air doesn't go out of the bladder at once and through the opening of the shotblast tank. I want to get at least 3 shots in before pumping, and i believe this is do-able. Can someone direct me to an online store to purchase a flow control valve for this purpose? I like using 1/8in ID, 1/4in OD tubing, so that size valve is prefered. Thanks.

I believe you are talking about this mod.

Read that. The only valve that you need to buy is a check valve.
-Pause-

http://nerfpause.blogspot.com/

Heh.

USER WAS BLAND IN THIS POST

#3 thesaz123

thesaz123

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 02:23 PM

Haven't seen that one before, but that helps a ton, thanks Pause! Anyone know where i can get said "tank fill button" and check valve in that mod Pause linked to?

#4 Guitarzan

Guitarzan

• Members
  • 133 posts
  • State:New York

Posted 02 May 2012 - 02:33 PM

I believe you are talking about this mod.

Read that. The only valve that you need to buy is a check valve.

Do you think the mod that you link would be banned at most wars?? I know converted supersoakers are banned typically, but it seems like that would be because the tanks are so large and they are overpowered. In this case though the supersoaker tank is only used to fill the magstrike tank, so power wouldn't be an issue. I don't know, what are other peoples thoughts on this being allowed at wars??

#5 thesaz123

thesaz123

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 02:39 PM

The supersoaker tank is not used to fill the magstrike "tank". Not sure where you got that idea. And no, i don't think it would be banned at wars i attend, as long as it has an RSCB or hopper

Edited by thesaz123, 02 May 2012 - 02:40 PM.

#6 Pause

Pause

• Members
  • 107 posts
  • State:Hawaii

Posted 02 May 2012 - 05:39 PM

Haven't seen that one before, but that helps a ton, thanks Pause! Anyone know where i can get said "tank fill button" and check valve in that mod Pause linked to?

The tank fill button comes with the Magstrike. Its the valve behind the trigger.
The check valve you could probably find at a Petstore or online.
-Pause-

http://nerfpause.blogspot.com/

Heh.

USER WAS BLAND IN THIS POST

#7 thesaz123

thesaz123

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:11 PM

Okay thanks, Pause! I found a check valve in my hornet, and i have that tank fill button too. Also found out that the shotblast tank works great with a hopper.

#8 SgNerf

SgNerf

• Members
  • 204 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 11:22 PM

Just to answer your original query, the flow/speed control valve i used in my constant pressure air feed system is a push-in version, like this:

Posted Image

You can usually get them from online pneumatic parts supply stores or from eBay, just do a search for "Push In Speed Controller Pneumatic Air Valves".

The difference between using a speed controller valve versus a check valve is that you don't need to press a separate button to refill the air tank, the speed valve automatically refills it for you in between shots (adjust the flow to the optimal speed and remember to do quick trigger pulls so that less air is wasted during the refills).

Hope that helps! :)

Edited by SgNerf, 03 May 2012 - 08:37 AM.

Nerf News & Reviews! >> http://www.sgnerf.blogspot.com
Nerf Mod Guides! >> http://www.modworks.blogspot.com

#9 thesaz123

thesaz123

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 12:15 AM

Thank you, SgNerf! That is exactly what i was looking for.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users