Magstrike Discontinued.

Blarg.

5 replies to this topic

#1 nimane9

nimane9

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 08:58 AM

Hello users of NerfHaven, you probably haven't seen me around but I've been lurking and this is my first post in a while. But on topic, did anyone know that the Magstrike was officially discontinued? I'm sorry if this is old news, but I never knew this. I e-mailed customer service about getting new magazines and they replied saying that Magstrikes aren't in production anymore.

I am very sorry to advise, however, the Magstrike is no longer in production and our inventory of replacement parts for it has been depleted.

This is part of the e-mail I received.

#2 TagMaster247

TagMaster247

• Banned
  • 103 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 12:02 PM

It's been discontinued for some time now, but my local Target has a bunch of Magstrikes on the shelves.

#3 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 01:09 PM

I have a whole bunch of them. Extra magazines too, some even rear loading with extra long barrels.
[15:51] <+Noodle> titties
[15:51] <+Rhadamanthys> titties
[15:51] <+jakejagan> titties
[15:51] <+Lucian> boobs
[15:51] <+Gears> titties
[15:51] <@Draconis> Titties.
[15:52] <+Noodle> why is this so hard?

#4 Buffdaddy

Buffdaddy

Do not buy from this member

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 824 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 01:23 PM

Production may have stopped, but there's still a backlog of them in warehouses to move. After all, Nerf and Walmart dumped a bunch of Longshots out a few Christmases ago. I'm sure we'll see Magstrikes on Target shelves for some time.

#5 ACE11

ACE11

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 02:44 PM

Yeah, just because they don't make them, doesn't mean they don't have hundreds in warehouses and stores. My local target even has RF20's.
Forsakenangel: Wow, 7 posts and only 2 of them have to do with the topic.
Go Nerfhaven!
Langley: I'm sorry we went off topic in your thread about exploding Easter bunnies. We'll try to do better next time.

#6 Blue

Blue

• Members
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 07:01 PM

It seems to me that just recently they did a full overhaul to the internals of the magstrike. Most notably, the pump became one with the bladder and the seal piece changed to an all plastic piece. I don't understand why they would spend the time and money to update a 5+ year old (I think the Dart Tags were release 2007? Not sure.) successful design to just phase it out a couple months later.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users