Does it have to be 1/8"?

2 replies to this topic

#1 Buffdaddy

Buffdaddy

Do not buy from this member

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 823 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 04:21 PM

I've been perusing the internet, looking at whether there could be cheaper sources of felt pads for the average Joe Nerfer. I've found a few possibilities, not to mention somewhat more expensive options that allow many more colors if you want you darts to be special. The best I could find was at this website:

SITE FOR FELT PADS

With at least 3000 darts, it's on par with McMaster, and larger amounts (for those doing group buys) quickly add up in terms of bulk discounts.

The only problem? They're only 1/16" thick, as opposed to the 1/8" thickness of McMaster pads. Which brings up my question:

Has anyone tested the best thickness for felt padding on slugs?

Granted, if 1/16" is too thin, you could stack pads as needed, but you'd need 20+ rolls to beat the McMaster price.

Also, they have sponge rubber pads; not sure if that would be viable, or if it would be as painful as glue domes.

Thanks!

#2 mysterio

mysterio

• Members
  • 249 posts
  • State:California

Posted 27 March 2012 - 04:26 PM

Sponge rubber has excellent bounce and padding qualities, but is unfortunately very grippy. Wouldn't work in hoppers.

If two powerful is a problem then just go with one powerful. I guess this style of hopper will work even beyond three powerful..

15:46 *** Buff is now known as TheGdiddler
15:51 TheGdiddler I'M GONNA GRAPE YOU"

#3 Buffdaddy

Buffdaddy

Do not buy from this member

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 823 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 03:40 PM

Any other thoughts before I investigate further? If you can get felt sheets that thin at a craft store, I suppose I could buy some, punch out pads, and test the pain.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users