Duckies' conversion log

4 replies to this topic

#1 Duckies

Duckies

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • State:Florida

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:47 AM

Hey guys, I'm converting my Stampede to a fully brass-breeched-and-barreled, 15v, SMG-minimized, HvZ MONSTER. I thought I'd start a build log here for it, since I'm going to record the whole process step-by-step, anyway. I'm basing it off of SGNerf's Stampede, but I also ordered the McMaster-Carr tubing and it will work beautifully with some JB Weld to fill in the 1/32" gap between it and the brass.

Stay tuned!

Duckies

#2 Seprest

Seprest

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • State:New York

Posted 20 March 2012 - 07:17 PM

I've always loved the look of the Stampede as a full auto machine gun! I would caution you to make sure your power source allows for continuous fire of the Stampede at such a high voltage. I don't wish to mention any names, but I've seen quite a few people who have upgraded their springs and seals only to find that their hastily chosen power supply upgrade only allows them to fire 2-3 shots before the mechanism sees a huge drop in rate of fire! You will not get a true SMG as most would understand it without being able to empty your entire magazine consistently with but one pull of the trigger - so pay attention to voltage and amperage. Good luck!
4 - HvZ Games Played

22- Mods completed

#3 Duckies

Duckies

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 07:51 AM

I picked up a 4AA holder with on/off switch, in which will go 4 trustfire 14500s. This should put me at 14.8v and I forget the amperage, but I should be okay.

In addition to that, I have a red laser and a small 3 LED flashlight on the way, which will run off of a pair of Trustfires and enabled by the safety selector switch.

I started the cuts last night. I'll take photos when I get out of lab.

Duckies

#4 Duckies

Duckies

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 07:52 AM

Doublepost, sorry.

Edited by Duckies, 21 March 2012 - 10:18 AM.

#5 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,995 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 10:17 AM

Build logs, work-in-progress threads etc all fall under the category of "idea threads" which aren't permitted (see the New Members Guide). When you are done with the build you are welcome to post the final product in the modifications and paintjobs thread, or you can make a writeup detailing how to reproduce your stampede mod.

You can poop in my toilet anytime champ.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users