Photo

Stampede woes:(

3 replies to this topic

#1 Dragon

Dragon

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 08:39 PM

I recently modified my stampede by knocking out the ARs, throwing in a crossfire spring and upping the voltage. Whenever I shoot the gun, the darts don't feed and the gun continually shoots even when I let go of the trigger. Someone please help me.

#2 Aeromech

Aeromech

• Moderators
  • 434 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 09:11 PM

Easy solution: Lower the electric potential or up the spring constant.

More difficult solution: (here we go.)
Open up your blaster or fetch an internals picture. I recommend this one, courtesy of Nerfsg.

When the trigger is depressed, the white lever is rotated counterclockwise. Underneath that orange heptagon is the rest of the mentioned lever as well as the momentary switch that activates the motor. When the plunger tube moves forward the lever is pushed downward on the momentary switch. This is why a stock Stampede will not usually double-feed; if the trigger is released before the cycle is complete, the lever is still depressed via the fin protruding from the lever.

Now, the problem here is that the increased voltage is cycling the blaster too fast to allow the white lever to recover from it's down position. The only recovery mechanism to speak of is a very weak spring integrated into the momentary switch, and with a higher ROF, this just won't do. To counteract this, you must somehow apply a torque clockwise on the lever to compensate for the higher ROF, as your allowable recovery time for the lever has just been cut tremendously.

Or you could just lower the voltage... that works too.

Edited by Aeromech, 18 March 2012 - 09:21 PM.

Watch my shitty videos

This is so ghetto but so awesome.

#3 Curly

Curly

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 09:27 PM

darts don't feed and the gun continually shoots even when I let go of the trigger.

You missed it Aeromech :P

What I think is more likely is that the plunger catch control spring isn't in it's place, it likes to pop out. SGNerf has a fix guide that matches your symptoms.

#4 SgNerf

SgNerf

• Members
  • 204 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 04:32 AM

Okay, if your foam darts don't fire out and most of the subsequent foam darts tend to just keep getting pushed forward loosely into the faux barrel, then it most likely means the plunger catch plate itself has been installed facing the wrong direction.

The plunger catch plate's solid side is supposed to face the plunger, if not the plunger rod doesn't catch and it just follows the bolt and plunger assembly back and forth, that's why the foam darts don't get fired out.

As for the continuous firing issue, a quick method you can try is to apply grease to the sides of the plunger tube which are in contact with the casing, this can help reduce the bolt movement resistance and enable quicker retraction of the bolt so that it resets back to the starting position in time. This simple method has solved the issue for some modders too.

Edited by SgNerf, 20 March 2012 - 11:37 PM.

Nerf News & Reviews! >> http://www.sgnerf.blogspot.com
Nerf Mod Guides! >> http://www.modworks.blogspot.com

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users