Photo

Blaster census information required!

I need your help!

33 replies to this topic

Poll: How many of each of these high power blasters do you own? (139 member(s) have cast votes)

Titan in stock form

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Titan modified to shoot other ammunition

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Any iterations of the Nat-Geo or Roto-Rocket, Estes Air Rocket, or Iron-Man Rocket.

Any of the various styles of Jobar, Cobra, and Pango blasters

Would you use large (midway between arrows and Titan rockets), long range rockets with these blasters if they were available for a reasonable price?

Vote Guests cannot vote

#26 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 07:03 PM

Why do you refuse to say what the ID of the rockets are? I mean, it's not like anyone can copy the entire thing from the bore diameter. Are the rockets even built yet?

Jeez what is it with you guys? I was joking with Taerkitty, mostly because it doesn't really matter. I have stated what blasters they are built for, and that other blasters may be able to fire them but would require modified barrels. The OD of the barrels is 1.00".

I will have to wait to see the final price, but as long a shipping isn't too crazy to Canada I will buy some.

What about Ultimators or XXL Bazookas? My Ultimator missiles are pretty beat up, if these work on them I will buy even more.

I think those are substantially larger inside diameter and would be in the same situation as the Titans.
[15:51] <+Noodle> titties
[15:51] <+Rhadamanthys> titties
[15:51] <+jakejagan> titties
[15:51] <+Lucian> boobs
[15:51] <+Gears> titties
[15:51] <@Draconis> Titties.
[15:52] <+Noodle> why is this so hard?

#27 taerKitty

taerKitty

• Members
  • 883 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 08:12 PM

The more I hear, the more I like. (I was just going to wait until Draconis felt it was time to say - for him to not say, he prolly had a good reason. A jest is as good a reason as any.)
Fugly is a feature.

#28 Blue

Blue

• Members
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 10:19 PM

Well at least you aren't dead. Before you do more work on your missile launch thing can you please ship me my SM1.5Ks from literally years ago? I'm not even asking back the blasters I paid you with to mod the Sm1.5k's.

And as far as somewhat being on topic:
Why should anyone trust you with large amounts of capital for this project when you can't even get your act together on shipping one simple package?

#29 taerKitty

taerKitty

• Members
  • 883 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 11:33 AM

That really should be taken to the feedback thread, blue. I've had at least three transactions with Draconis in recent times and was quite happy with each. You have a problem with him, take it to that thread, or take it to the admins.

Trying to wrangle this back on topic: Got an estimate when you will be ready field-testing? We have a war up north first weekend of June if you want to either send some this way, or show up (finally) :)
Fugly is a feature.

#30 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 03:32 PM

Well at least you aren't dead.

The rumors of my death are greatly exaggerated.

And as far as somewhat being on topic:
Why should anyone trust you with large amounts of capital for this project when you can't even get your act together on shipping one simple package?

That's not very on topic. Also, I haven't actually asked anyone for capital yet, have I? I ship packages all the time. Just not yours.

That really should be taken to the feedback thread, blue. I've had at least three transactions with Draconis in recent times and was quite happy with each. You have a problem with him, take it to that thread, or take it to the admins.

Thanks. I try to get it all done quickly. Sometimes I fail at expediency with big projects. Part of why I don't take commissions anymore.

Trying to wrangle this back on topic: Got an estimate when you will be ready field-testing? We have a war up north first weekend of June if you want to either send some this way, or show up (finally) :)

I did some today with a couple of prototypes. They were kind of as I had expected. The missiles without angled fins are very erratic if there is any wind. The spinning missiles all grouped around 70 feet with maximum (OPRV venting) pressure from a Roto-Rocket. One of them exploded out the front because the pressure was too high for that molded type of tube sleeve. I was hoping using found object liners would be easier to acquire (and net me the candy they were containing) but they don't appear to be strong enough. Also, I just blew the side out of an unlined missile using OPRV pressure, though it was getting about 60 feet until then. I was able to immediately repair it by simply sliding in a tube liner and promptly shot it in to the tree. 80-ish feet away.
I need to build some more units now that I have resigned myself to the more expensive design.

#31 Ice Nine

Ice Nine

Prince Dangus

• Administrators
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 04:47 PM

In a package Draconis sent me last week, he included two missiles (alongside the Roto Rocket-equivalent). I'm not sure how similar these are to the design that he created, but they fit on the stock barrel, have some sort of wrap on the inside of the bored hole to prevent blowouts (it feels like a plastic tube), they have fins, and they have half a foam golf ball at the tip. They fly SUPER far. Even with a leak in the tubing on the way to the Roto Rocket I can get them to fire at least eighty feet, and they fly reasonably straight.

I'm a big fan, hence my vote that I would buy some if the opportunity presented itself. They fly way better than Titan missiles.

Unholy Three: DUPLUM SCRTA, DUPLUM PROBLEMA (2009)

But Zeke guns tend to be like proofs by contradiction

Theoretically solid but actually non-constructive

Rnbw Cln

#32 taerKitty

taerKitty

• Members
  • 883 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 06:32 PM

Sounds like it's been field-tested as well. Darn, so much for a 'prototype discount'. :) So, what's the new estimate for final cost per unit (not including S&H, that is.)
Fugly is a feature.

#33 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 11:12 AM

Sounds like it's been field-tested as well. Darn, so much for a 'prototype discount'. :) So, what's the new estimate for final cost per unit (not including S&H, that is.)

I need to do some more looking for materials supplies before I can make that determination. It will also depend upon how streamlined I can make the assembly process. I have a design down on paper for an assembly jig, so i'll try putting that together during spring break I think. This week is all finals so nothing is likely to happen for a little bit.

#34 Kansas City 1706

Kansas City 1706

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 10:09 PM