Broken Drum Mags?

5 replies to this topic

#1 zx532

zx532

• Members
  • 216 posts
  • State:Connecticut

Posted 29 February 2012 - 02:21 AM

Basically, this is exactly as the title says I am looking for information regarding broken 35 dart drum mags.
For example, I have heard that if it is left loaded for an extended period of time the spring potentially stops working (I could not find why).

So what made it stop working (and if you have pictures of something interesting, please PM me)

Note: I am not interested in things like hammers, I am fully aware that hitting it over and over again will smash it, that isn't helpful.
Thanks in advance
Progress: Just a long line of people saying "See? I told you it could be done"

#2 abowden

abowden

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • State:Tasmania

Posted 29 February 2012 - 05:20 AM

yes, the spring weakens with use ESPECIALLY if you keep it loaded to long, do not do this. I find the best fix is to not use it for a while, open it up, clean it, and lube it (when opening up, you will have to make sure the pin in the middle comes out.) use silicone grease to lube it.

Edited by abowden, 29 February 2012 - 05:20 AM.

#3 Guitarzan

Guitarzan

• Members
  • 133 posts
  • State:New York

Posted 29 February 2012 - 07:50 AM

yeah, the spring in the 35 drums are pretty weak, and even brand new they're not the greatest at feeding properly. So abowden has good advice for maintenance. The 18 drums that come with the alpha trooper feed much much better than the 35 if thats any help to you.

#4 zx532

zx532

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 11:10 AM

My goal here is to do a series of modifications to the clips that way they can be kept loaded for a longer period of time without damage to the dart. However I have heard that the drum mag is particularly fragile, and I want to find as many of the ways to improve it/not break it as possible

#5 Zorns Lemma

Zorns Lemma

Sir Scrt

• Moderators
  • 1,277 posts
  • State:Virginia

Posted 29 February 2012 - 10:19 PM

My goal here is to do a series of modifications to the clips that way they can be kept loaded for a longer period of time without damage to the dart. However I have heard that the drum mag is particularly fragile, and I want to find as many of the ways to improve it/not break it as possible

Unless you effectively make your own design, the only other option is replacement of the constant force spring inside.
"In short, the same knowledge that underlies the ability to produce correct judgement is also the knowledge that underlies the ability to recognize correct judgement. To lack the former is to be deficient in the latter."
Kruger and Dunning (1999)

#6 zx532

zx532

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 10:37 PM

Unless you effectively make your own design, the only other option is replacement of the constant force spring inside.

this will be basically a matter of gutting it, and then rebuilding it completely differently (and will probably lead nowhere). But its worth a shot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users