Photo

Brassless Petg Breech

2 replies to this topic

#1 panewmodder

panewmodder

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 09:18 PM

I have seen designs for Petg breeches, but I cannot afford brass and was wondering if there were any other designs that do not include a brass stub in the back that don't impact ranges too much.

#2 Curly

Curly

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 09:27 PM

Brass is cheaper than you think if you use it well. The PETG I have (.572OD, .528ID) needs only a 1" stub of 17/32" brass(~$4 for a foot) with tightening rings close together along the stub. Then follow Coop's writeup and use the 17/32" stub in the place of the nested brass bits.

If for some odd reason you can't get brass or have a nerfer sell it to you at a war, there are options. A simple 1/2" PVC speedloader gives you extra darts and doesn't need brass. If you NEED a breech (in this foamy day and age you most often don't) you can use the Zero breech from ages ago. That uses a 1" PVC sheath which probably costs more than brass, and I can't say how good the seal will be.

#3 panewmodder

panewmodder

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 09:36 PM

Brass is cheaper than you think if you use it well. The PETG I have (.572OD, .528ID) needs only a 1" stub of 17/32" brass(~$4 for a foot) with tightening rings close together along the stub. Then follow Coop's writeup and use the 17/32" stub in the place of the nested brass bits.

If for some odd reason you can't get brass or have a nerfer sell it to you at a war, there are options. A simple 1/2" PVC speedloader gives you extra darts and doesn't need brass. If you NEED a breech (in this foamy day and age you most often don't) you can use the Zero breech from ages ago. That uses a 1" PVC sheath which probably costs more than brass, and I can't say how good the seal will be.

Thanks I will take another look, but I think my local store only sells in 6' lengths

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users