Nj Conquest War Wrap Up

Oh it hurt....

8 replies to this topic

#1 Famine

Famine

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 23 May 2004 - 09:03 PM

Alright, I just wanted to get a topic up so we can start hearing what everyone thought of how the day turned out. I'd like to hear both good and bad comments, who would be willing to it again, and what you would tell people to bring/expect if they come next time. I'll go first class.

Good:
- EVERYONE got their game on. There was not a single Nerfer who I was not impressed by at some point or another today, and that included motherfucking Howard.
- Diversity of Fields. Lots of different areas and each area was alot of fun.
- Smooth transition between rounds. With the exception of when we abandoned Seth for like 20 minutes each round segwayed into the next smoothly (albeit towards the end alot of us were ready to die).
- Everyone was adequately prepared for the day and I think eatting on the run was kind of enjoyable, I'd rather just park on the grass and bust out some sandwhiches and chill out then have to drive to a restaurant.
- Just a hell of alot of FUN. I haven't Nerfed that hard in a long time and felt fucking good.

Bad:
- CTF did not go as smoothly as planned. Once again, a truly successfuly flag game eludes me. I really liked the Grove but I'm thinking that seige type single flag match might work better next time.
- Pacing. I think alot of us went all out the first 3 or 4 rounds and were completely spent by the second half of the day. There's not much to be done about that except maybe allowing slightly longer pauses between rounds earlier in the day.
- Excess baggage, I did tell you guys to bring everything and we all did. I think after having now been through it all I'd know how to better streamline my shit for next time.
- Dart loss. Yeah, we lost a lot of darts but that was forseen.

Would I do it again? Fucking hell yes I would and with the exact same people. I'm gonna sleep for like 10 hours now.
~Famine
of Mag-7
East Coast Nerf 2005: Step It Up.
East Coast Nerf 2006: That's more like it.
East Coast Nerf 2007: I'm not driving to Massachusetts again.
East Coast Nerf 2008: Day of Regret.
East Coast Nerf 2009: Quid pro quo, douchebags!

#2 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 23 May 2004 - 11:10 PM

I think this was a war NJ really needed. I mean we've been nerfing alot, but up till now, it's like no one has had their game on nearly this hard. I haven't had that much fun since I showed up at Apoc.

Good:

I agree with Famine, everyone was right on, Howard I think personally got three hits on me, which I was quite surprised, and a tad pissed about, but it passes.

The games just worked most of the time, it really was well planned, kudos guys.

Park patrons were extremely cool, cause we were around many sensitive eyes, and not once did we have a problem. Except the fat bottom girls selling condoms on their bicycles.

Bad:

I think the only thing bad that I really encountered was the fact that it was alot of standing, and it wasn't till we hit a park bench that I got to get off my feet, thank god I have nice shoes.

I am just about convinced that the traditional CTF doesn't work in nerf. I hope we can modify the games nicely.

We gotta mix teams up more, this was my absolute biggest complaint. I don't mind having set teams every other round, I really didn't, but I didn't like having it clanned based. I understand everyone is used to playing together, but being a swing player, it leaves you out. I really could have done without that.

Suggestions.

Coolers are great, but remember, if you pack the shit in, your going to have to carry it a long ass way.

Guns. They are going to crap out. Make sure you have a backup plan. I carried my crossbow, and two lnl's all day. As long as all three guns didn't fuck up, I was going to be fine. We had a few guys lose their primaries first round, and that was the end of it.

As well as they shoot, I would not rely on an air gun. Not unless you really really trusted it.

Darts...yeah bring alot, but being conservative helps.

I was thinking, which I'm not sure if it would end up working or not, but bringing a wagon along to carry your shit may not be a bad idea. This one I'm not sure about, but it's an idea I had on the drive home.

I will do that again....emphasis on will, it was the best war I've ever been to.

Talio.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#3 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 24 May 2004 - 12:25 AM

In a word, amazing. This war went off far better than even I'd anticipated. I mean, pretty much without a hitch, everything played nearly exactly as we'd thought it would or better.

Good:
-As has been said, everybody played very well
-The clan wars were all very tight, exciting to the very end
-Everybody, as far as I could tell (and I asked a lot) had a great time and would do it again.
-we really got a feel for a park that could doublessly serve us well for many wars to come
-a lot more but I'm too tired to go one.

Bad:
-the minute details of CTF really fuck us up...don't know, just not our style I guess
-Some people had gun problems (This is only listed because the sheer amout of nerfing we did compounded any such problem that arose)
-we needed a stretcher or two by the end of the war

Ugly:
-the crescent shaped cut on my face (not nearly as bad as everyone made it out to be)
-My version of the stretch muffler
-famine-talio collision of doom (that was more funny, but none the less ugly)
-Some of the golfer tans on people post-(what should we call this war...ah yes)realdeal.

Most of these things had already been said, but those are the things that come to my mind first.

VACC
~Nerf-On or Fuck-Off!~

#4 Evil

Evil

Fucking Copout

• Members
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 24 May 2004 - 01:09 PM

Good

Very little "down-time". A lot of Nerfing and ass kicking

Everyone seemed pretty accustomed to the fields as if we'd played them before.

Bad

Vacc fucking up my lower back with his "stretch muffler"

Warlock's guns breaking.

Ugly

Vacc - plain and simple

Me coming home Sunday night, taking a cold shower and Advil, and sleeping from 7:30pm to 6:00am this morning. Hells yea.

I'm up for it again. Almost anytime.

But get ready for Domination this July.
2007 Great American GoreFest Champion (Aug. 4, Apoc)

#5 Mantis

Mantis

• Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 24 May 2004 - 02:07 PM

Bad: Me missing the war due to the whole grounding thing after getting home from prom late.

Good: I got home at 6:30 in the morning.
Personal LCM Summer Tune-Up Stats:
K:H=1.00
Shots Fired: 2.1 x 10^4
Fun had: 97%

#6 Seth

Seth

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 24 May 2004 - 04:44 PM

[/B]Well I will be damned. It was fun all and all. I enjoyed it hole heartedly.

Good

*Well played
*Very good organization
*Well thought out (props to the Horsemen)
*Good to see everyone again

Bad

* Rolling my ankle trying tro get away form Wave and Vacc. (later checked out to be a minor sprain but is recovering quite well)
* Powerclips blow and are not ment for the grove, gun slinger heaven, and/or any really open feild
*my dumbass leaving my food in my car
*The walk to drop one in the bathroom
*The way Ash dipped out before the gunslinger round
*Jake shooting me sqaure in the chest

Overall

Well played, planned and exucted(sp). The hole shindig rocked major League. Would be more than willing to do it again after fixing and gainning more guns. Talio no offence buddy but Howard is a pretty descent shot and you are a brick fucking wall... not hard to hit. ^_^
So for now that shall be all... just wait till u see the gun i have coming along in R&D

#7 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 24 May 2004 - 06:49 PM

[/B]Well I will be damned. It was fun all and all. I enjoyed it hole heartedly.

Good

*Well played
*Very good organization
*Well thought out (props to the Horsemen)
*Good to see everyone again

Bad

* Rolling my ankle trying tro get away form Wave and Vacc. (later checked out to be a minor sprain but is recovering quite well)
* Powerclips blow and are not ment for the grove, gun slinger heaven, and/or any really open feild
*my dumbass leaving my food in my car
*The walk to drop one in the bathroom
*The way Ash dipped out before the gunslinger round
*Jake shooting me sqaure in the chest

Overall

Well played, planned and exucted(sp). The hole shindig rocked major League. Would be more than willing to do it again after fixing and gainning more guns. Talio no offence buddy but Howard is a pretty descent shot and you are a brick fucking wall... not hard to hit. :w00t:
So for now that shall be all... just wait till u see the gun i have coming along in R&D

Hope your ankle feels better dude. Gotta say, you played pretty damn well for a guy who fucked up his wheels in the 3rd round of play.

VACC

#8 Evil

Evil

Fucking Copout

• Members
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 24 May 2004 - 08:16 PM

Talio no offence buddy but Howard is a pretty descent shot and you are a brick fucking wall... not hard to hit.

Seth, last time I checked you had trouble hitting even brick walls. :w00t: Bitch.
2007 Great American GoreFest Champion (Aug. 4, Apoc)

#9 Howard

Howard

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 24 May 2004 - 10:16 PM

I've got good news and bad news. The bad news is that our hopes of a successful CTF game were shot down yet again. The good news is that I saved a bunch of money on my car insurance when i switched to geiko... ^_^

It was a blast. I haven't nerfed like that in a long while. The teams were very well balanced, and every round was close. The different scenarios changed it up quite a bit, and the pistol rounds added so much to this war. Skipping the half hour breaks that always seem to happen inbetween rounds was good too. Everyone put their all into each round, and it was a great thing to see. Not the usual crapfest standoffs that happen all too often at many of the other wars.

Needless to say, it was an awesome war, and i'd definitely do it again.

Edited by Howard, 24 May 2004 - 10:17 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users