Photo

looking for handpump

4 replies to this topic

#1 zx532

zx532

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 03:37 PM

First of all, I am sorry if I am posting this in the wrong forum I wasnt sure where it should go so I am putting it in modifications because it directly relates to the longstrike mod I am working on.

I am making a PVC air tank for the longstrike
(I have a limited knowledge of air pressure and things so if i am doing something blatantly and dangerously wrong feel free to yell at me)
  • the pressure regulator I am using goes up to 250 PSI
  • the gauge on the tank will go up to 200 PSI
I included those to give an idea of the size
actual dimensions of the tank are 2 in. radius and 5 in. high, so 31.4 cubic inches total

• The pump preferably should to connect to 1/4 inch air hose barb (or be easily modified to do so)
  • Somewhat high volume, the pump i have is from an AT2K so basically everything will be better
Does anyone know of a pump that I should look at, or any specific information about pumps that i should look for to compare them?

Or a used pump that they would like to get rid of?
Progress: Just a long line of people saying "See? I told you it could be done"

#2 Bchamp22795

Bchamp22795

• Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 03:57 PM

Well I can tell you that you won't be strong enough to pump anything up to 200psi. The next thing I can tell you is that even 100psi is RIDICULOUS pressure when it comes to Nerf. I'd say you should top it out at 60psi for a small tank, for something as large as yours, that would be crazy, dart shredding power.

Just keep that in mind. Otherwise, a Bell Airstrike Dual Action Ball Pump will definitely suit your needs! Its cheap and functions nicely. Great for homemade air guns!

#3 zx532

zx532

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 04:32 PM

Well I can tell you that you won't be strong enough to pump anything up to 200psi. The next thing I can tell you is that even 100psi is RIDICULOUS pressure when it comes to Nerf.

Thanks for the tip, I figured that I would never get anywhere near the max pressure, and the reason it is so big is it will be firing off at least six shots, the blaster is still clip system.

#4 arfink

arfink

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 05:32 PM

I actually vote for a different location, but we have to solve a series of riddles and clues, each more intricate then the last, to find it!

Something you may wish to consider for your build- use the big hardtank as a reserve tank, and then have a smaller tank that actually fires each dart. You'll need to be able to disconnect the main tank from the firing tank during firing so that you do not dump the whole thing at once. A simple ball valve would allow you to easily equalise pressure between the tanks after each shot, or you could go for a more complex valve, such as the trigger valve in the magstrike.
A2GS + 4 meg RAM + 128 meg CF + 9600 Baud Lantronix = WIN

#5 zx532

zx532

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 09:41 PM

Something you may wish to consider for your build- use the big hardtank as a reserve tank, and then have a smaller tank that actually fires each dart. You'll need to be able to disconnect the main tank from the firing tank during firing so that you do not dump the whole thing at once. A simple ball valve would allow you to easily equalise pressure between the tanks after each shot, or you could go for a more complex valve, such as the trigger valve in the magstrike.

Its an at2k tank that does the firing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users