Photo

How to replace vinyl tubing?

5 replies to this topic

#1 Taishaku

Taishaku

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 09:54 PM

So how do I replace the vinyl tubing in a nerf gun? The stock tubing seems to be glued onto the air tank.

I need to do this for two cases:

1) Inside my AT3K:

Posted Image

Do I use brute force to remove the black clamp? Do I cut the tubing?

2) At the end of my Magstrike pump:

Posted Image

I have a barbed connector there right now, but I would prefer to use a long tube to connect the pump to my air tank.

Edited by Taishaku, 20 February 2012 - 09:54 PM.

#2 ACE11

ACE11

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 10:04 PM

the black "clamp" as you so called it, it actually a form of a nut, and it simply screws off. And if it is a barb connector, then connect tuing to it, then to the 3k?
Forsakenangel: Wow, 7 posts and only 2 of them have to do with the topic.
Go Nerfhaven!
Langley: I'm sorry we went off topic in your thread about exploding Easter bunnies. We'll try to do better next time.

#3 Taishaku

Taishaku

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 11:13 PM

the black "clamp" as you so called it, it actually a form of a nut, and it simply screws off. And if it is a barb connector, then connect tuing to it, then to the 3k?

It's really stuck on tight. Any advice on removing it?

I sort of want an alternative to the barbed tubing.

#4 andtheherois

andtheherois

• Banned
  • 821 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 11:54 PM

1. Buy yourself some new tubing at home depot, while your at it get a quick disconnect coupler for your size of tubing.
2. remove the old tubing and drill out the old connection to the OD of your new tubing.
3. Superglue it in.
The YooToobz
Photobucket

Winning rounds is rewarding, deal with it. We don't play fucking patty cake over here.

#5 chavez guy

chavez guy

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 01:02 AM

Use pliers to remove the black thing.
Hablamos EspaƱol

#6 SwiFTNerF

SwiFTNerF

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:17 PM

I actually had this problem a few weeks ago. Just bring your tank and pump to Lowes and go to their tubing section. They will have clear tubing that will fit perfectly right over the excess tubing of the tank and pump (the tubing fits perfectly over 1/4 clear tubing). The best part is that they sell it by the foot so it will cost like 20 cents per foot. I was going to by connectors to connect the excess tubing of the tank to the 1/4 tubing but this was much cheaper. I just bought that and used plumbers goop to glue it on.
Nerf, because we are all kids at heart.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users