Photo

Two quick questions about the Buzzbee Big Blast

6 replies to this topic

#1 pepperach

pepperach

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 08:19 PM

Modding my BBBB and my trigger broke so I had a couple questions.Which is a better homemade trigger material plexi-glass or poly carbonate?
What is a good barrel length for a RSCB clipped Big Blast?
Thanks in advance Pepper
my brute
My Youtube

Say NO to drugs Say YES to foam

#2 KoRnEd

KoRnEd

• Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 08:26 PM

Modding my BBBB and my trigger broke so I had a couple questions.Which is a better homemade trigger material plexi-glass or poly carbonate?
What is a good barrel length for a RSCB clipped Big Blast?
Thanks in advance Pepper

1. Polycarbonate is by far, stronger than acrylic (plexiglass).
2. An optimal barrel length should be around 5-7 inches depending on dart fit.

20:07 tiredKitty living in NYC, you could spend a lot of time in Chinatown and only speak the mother tongue
20:07 tiredKitty Not a good idea, btw.

I have identified the problem: "maverick"

#3 ACE11

ACE11

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 08:30 PM

Saw your username, thought it said peppersnatch. Anyways... If you can find aluminum, that would work even better, but polycarb is the way to go.
Forsakenangel: Wow, 7 posts and only 2 of them have to do with the topic.
Go Nerfhaven!
Langley: I'm sorry we went off topic in your thread about exploding Easter bunnies. We'll try to do better next time.

#4 Blue

Blue

• Members
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 08:53 PM

PM if you are interested in buying a BBBB trigger.

#5 Nerfomania

Nerfomania

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 08:56 PM

If you are going to try to make a homemade trigger from scratch I will tell you that it will not be easy, the running rails and things will be by far the hardest parts to make. Here are some other options for you:

-Email BuzzBee customer service and say that your trigger broke (you don't even need to mention that it was modded); I have heard of success with this method before. Here is their contact page (you obviously probably want to just use the email listed there): http://www.buzzbeeto...contact_us.html

-If you don't want to fuss with BuzzBee then just cut some small polycarbonate pieces, slather them in epoxy (good quality is a must), and clamp them onto the sides to dry. I actually just fixed a trigger this way. You can also fill the cavity in the upper portion of your trigger with epoxy and coathangers/other reinforcement).

The reinforcement mentioned above (although it is more of a fix than a reinforcement at this point), can be found in this thread about halfway down the page:
http://www.nerfrevol....php?f=8&t=2260

Edited by _Nerfomania_, 14 February 2012 - 08:58 PM.

20:45 Talio I'll have the talk with you
20:45 Talio penis in vagina
20:45 Talio fin

#6 hoongfu

hoongfu

• Members
  • 475 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 10:02 PM

I second NerfOMania's suggestion to request a replacement trigger. Andtheherois and I have done it and have gotten new triggers relatively quickly and for free.

#7 taerKitty

taerKitty

• Members
  • 883 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 01:26 AM

It's also possible to create your own homemade lever trigger.
Fugly is a feature.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users