Photo

longshot help needed

I need help with a longshot mod question.

9 replies to this topic

#1 oreo8349

oreo8349

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 06:09 PM

My longshot has been having some issues lately. I modded it hevily last month and the issue with it has been that when I try to prime the blaster the bolt will slid very far back until it is maybe 1/2 inch away from being primed and it just stops and will not go back any further. Please someone give me some help and also if anyone also knows how to fix a modded stampede so it will accept drum clips and fire all the darts again that would be great. This is my first post so please help me out.

#2 ACE11

ACE11

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 06:49 PM

Your springs intertwined, and are too big to catch. You need to take on or two out.
Forsakenangel: Wow, 7 posts and only 2 of them have to do with the topic.
Go Nerfhaven!
Langley: I'm sorry we went off topic in your thread about exploding Easter bunnies. We'll try to do better next time.

#3 snickers

snickers

• Members
  • 241 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 08:02 PM

Your spring is to big or you have to many and the spring(s) cannot compress.

Edited by snickers, 17 February 2012 - 08:03 PM.

#4 oreo8349

oreo8349

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 08:52 PM

Thanks guys that was really helpful and now my longshot is firing again but now I have to find some stronger springs. Can anyone help with that? Thanks again and as always good luck in everything nerf.

#5 Aeromech

Aeromech

• Moderators
  • 434 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 10:01 PM

Search either Mcmaster-carr or hardware stores for compression springs. They should be of a similar diameter to the original LS spring to prevent your original problem from recurring
Watch my shitty videos

This is so ghetto but so awesome.

#6 jigglypuff

jigglypuff

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 10:17 PM

I might be able to help with the stampede if i could understand what the hell you said.
[size="1"]Si vis pacem, para bellum[/size]

#7 mak

mak

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 11:09 PM

Don't forget to reinforce the bolt sled.
Pm me if if you hove a supermaxx1000 for sale.

#8 ThatBritishGuy

ThatBritishGuy

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 06:47 AM

When adding springs to your LS try and make it so they are of different outside diameters - i.e. they nest inside each other so they don't interfere when priming.

I use a longshot spring (black), a lanard shotgun spring, and an industrial NF size spring and that hits about 90ft w/ my angel breech.
My sales thread

Any Blaster mod or homemade that I post I can commission. Send me a PM on NerfHaven or BritNerf or email me by sam@lusher.org.uk

#9 zx532

zx532

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 12:35 AM

...also if anyone also knows how to fix a modded stampede so it will accept drum clips and fire all the darts again that would be great.

Not sure if you have gotten help with this or not but from what you said there it sounds like an issue I had, mine would shoot 6 shots and then slow down and stop midway into the 7th shot (almost as if it had instantly run out of batteries). After emailing Hasbro, their solution was to use specifically energizer batteries. That did solve my problem. Don't know if that was helpful or not, but good luck.
Progress: Just a long line of people saying "See? I told you it could be done"

#10 oreo8349

oreo8349

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 12:48 AM

Thanks to everyone for their replys and they helped a lot. My longshot has the stock spring, a longstrike spring, and a maverick spring in it and it hits about 85ft flat with stock ammo ( can't hit the broad side of a barn though) and 65ft flat with stephans ( hits hard and with accuracy) i'm going to be doing a brass breach.for it next week as well and I will make a write up for it ( hopefully). Thanks for all the help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users