Photo

1 Minute Banded Jolt

5 replies to this topic

#1 iamthatcat

iamthatcat

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 08:40 AM

This quick mod gave me an extra 10 feet with stock darts and 15 with stefans. I used some "scunci" brand hair bands that I found at Kmart ($3.50 for 14). The model number on the front of the card is 38205-A. These bands are 2 1/2" in diameter and stretch to 9 1/2". They are made from a pretty durable rubber like material and work well as a bungee substitute. If you hate the shock transmitted into your hand from heavy springs in your Jolt this may be for you. The clear band is stronger than the black and is harder to prime. The black band is pretty easy to prime and is likely the best bet. The clear one only adds a few more feet. I have been mucking about with this for about 2 weeks and have found both kinds to be durable. I would advise removing the band during storage to help preserve it's power. My experience was that a re-barreled Jolt was necessary. The darts mostly fishtailed like crazy with an ar-removed, stock barrel Jolt. Your mileage may vary. Surprisingly, there is no noticeable movement from the band during firing and it stays on during rough handling. The ends of the band do not get in the way during priming (although it does take a little getting used to). I had no problems with band breakage.

So here's what we'll start with:

Posted Image

Cut a few slots in your priming bar as pictured. I used a fiberglass cutting disk in a dremel. A needle file would work. I might try moving the slots a bit closer to the center next time.

Posted Image

Now simply hook the band into one of the slots and stretch it up over the top. Hook it into the other slot being careful not to get it twisted up. You can check the tension by plucking on the band like a guitar string. Pull the band around a bit to get it on there even. You can tell if it's mucked up when you prime it. The priming bar will lean to one side.

Posted Image

Bada-Bing. Done! Quick, eh?

Posted Image

Edited by iamthatcat, 05 February 2012 - 04:03 PM.

#2 MattTheSasquatch

MattTheSasquatch

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 09:00 AM

I just may have to open my Nite Finder to do this on my Jolt. Excellent easy mod.

Edit* Question, Would a Rubber Band work the same, or have a similar effect?

Edited by MattTheSasquatch, 05 February 2012 - 09:02 AM.

You're never too old to play with Nerf Blasters.

#3 iamthatcat

iamthatcat

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 09:13 AM

Thanks much!

The few sizes of rubber bands I had either broke or came off easily. The best fitting one had a small effect. Maybe 5 feet. The right sized one might work. I remember some really wide but small overall diameter ones we had at work that might work great.

#4 Nsnerfing

Nsnerfing

• Banned
  • 50 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 06:37 PM

Very cool! I'm sure people will do that with there Jolts because its such a cheap and easy mod!
I want
ANYTHING vintage, I am a collecter. In North Ca? PM me.

#5 nuni7270

nuni7270

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 08:19 PM

Very, very awesome. I actually prefer the New barrel to the stock one, it gives it a more functional look.
5, 4, 3, 2, 1, BOOM

#6 X20AStrikefreedom

X20AStrikefreedom

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 07:21 AM

Which department or section did you find it in in Kmat?
USER WAS WARNED FOR THIS POST

Don't post in month old threads

Edited by Zorn's Lemma, 02 December 2012 - 12:56 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users