Photo

Stampede Firing Problem

3 replies to this topic

#1 Epic Pie

Epic Pie

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 09:32 AM

Ok, so I was modding my Stampede the other day, and now it won't fire the darts. It still shoots and operates, but the darts get stuck coming out of the barrel. I tried to do some research, and I think my problem is a broken dart tooth. I removed the part where it stops that from moving except when firing, and hot glued the tooth onto the barrel. Any help would be appreciated.

#2 nicholasy11

nicholasy11

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 10:32 AM

Well it seems as if you have... glued the dart tooth in the barrel. If I understand what you're saying, you have taken the part of the blaster which pushes the dart into the barrel and then retracts so that the blaster can fire, and glued it in a place where the tooth no longer retracts to allow the dart to exit the barrel. Open your Stampede back up, and remove the dart tooth to put it back where you found it. After that, follow more modding guides before you attempt anything this silly again.
In a snowman's world,
eyes are burned to power trains,
noses grow in the ground,
and flesh rains from the sky.

#3 hamoidar

hamoidar

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 11:39 AM

Unglue the tooth, then make sure you put in the spring that pushes the dart tooth up during firing. This should fix the gun.
NerfHaven > Your control panel > Profile > Change Signature > Inserts dumb sig > What! No pictures! > Inserts next best thing: http://nerfhaven.com...howuser=114052' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>Best thing on Nerfhaven!

#4 Naturalman7

Naturalman7

• Contributors
  • 158 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 06:19 PM

Hey, when I read this I was like "Whoa, I had the same problem", except I didn't glue anything to fix it. The entire thing looked like it was working, except the darts just got stuck inside the barrel (a bit funny when you point it straight up and eventually all the darts that are stuck push each other out of the barrel). I had only modified the voltage for an increase in RoF and decided to do the easiest test first which was using regular batteries. Basically, it worked with the regular batteries and, after recharging the higher voltage batteries, it still worked with the better batteries. Could the charge of my batteries cause the firing issue?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users