Photo

Modding nerf powerclip cycle rate?

7 replies to this topic

#1 puggy

puggy

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 11:10 AM

After staring at my powerclip for a couple hours, I realized that after banding the bladder. The cycle rate increases. Is there anyone out there who knows how to lower the cycle rate while still having the same amount of pressure. Or is the cycle rate based solely on pressure? Either way I need to lower the cycle rate but obviously i love having banded bladders. Any help is appreciated.

#2 WicketTheModder619

WicketTheModder619

• Members
  • 247 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 11:26 AM

You could always take the bands off and instead expand the piston. This would lower the cycle rate and increase the pressure. An example of this can be found here:
http://nerfhaven.com...=1
23:06 Buffdaddy: As long as they aren't doing it all night, don't care.

#3 BOSS9

BOSS9

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 11:36 AM

Constrict the flow from the trigger valve to the piston. The RF20 has an adjustable valve that does that, so you can switch on the fly. Either find one of those to use, or put a smaller ID tube inside a section of the stock tubing.

#4 Exo

Exo

• Members
  • 391 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 03:48 PM

The easiest way to do this is to rubberband the piston. That way, it takes more pressure for the piston to pop, so it'll slow it down a bit, but it should also increase the range, with even more effectiveness if you have the MS rebarreled.

#5 Blue

Blue

• Members
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 09:26 PM

Not really an answer to your question, but get some bike tubes instead of bands. Rubber bands eventually get crusty and break and you will never get consistency.

#6 puggy

puggy

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 10:53 AM

The band isnt the problem (btw i am using bicycle inner tube tubing). Its simple the moar pressure it has, the faster it goes. As for wicketthemodder619, the link is great, but I just dont have the time, money, or materials to pull off such a mod.

Tnks anyways dudes of foam.

#7 Daniel Beaver

Daniel Beaver

HQRSE CQCK

• Moderators
  • 2,096 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 11:00 AM

Exo's suggestion is correct: banding the piston will lower the firerate.

#8 puggy

puggy

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 02:12 PM

Ahh many apologies my good sirs. Can one offer a pic of this banded piston, I have an idea of how to do it just want to make sure.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users