Photo

Longstrike OMW unleased 1 hand priming

Yes, already mailed Jun, but not satisfied..

5 replies to this topic

#1 Zumatrix

Zumatrix

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 04:10 PM

Okay, so I bought my little brother a Orange Mod Works Unleashed kit 1 for the Longstrike.
So, after receiving, installing and AR removal we tested the blaster.
No problems, just that he has to prime it with 2 hands cause otherwise the bolt-sled bends, since we in the Netherlands only play in gyms, indoor, is ROF essential.

So does anyone have a solution/idea? I know that OMW also have 5 kg springs, but that 1 kg shouldn't make to much of an difference for him.
I thought reinforcing the bolt-sled would prevent it from bending, but Jun told me that wouldn't help.
Please help me out here!

Thnx for attention!
Zumatrix

#2 BritNerfMogul

BritNerfMogul

• Members
  • 560 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 04:16 PM

Make it pump action. That's the only way to make it one handed. And it will help spread the load distribution on the boltsled.

Or downgrade the spring.

Those are your two options.

#3 jackrabbit

jackrabbit

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 06:26 PM

Make it pump action. That's the only way to make it one handed. And it will help spread the load distribution on the boltsled.

Or downgrade the spring.

Those are your two options.

Brit though those are great ideas, but his brother is little and may not be able to reach the pump grip, so if you do make in pump action you may need to minimize the bars that connect to the bolt sled to accommodate his needs.
Like a good neighbor my dog shits in your yard.
Like a good neighbor I watch your wife bath.
Like a good neighbor plant the drugs in your car.
Like a good neighbor pick your kids up in my white van.
"Allstate Oh Hell No"
Copyright 2010-2011 Allstate Insurance Company. All rights reserved.

#4 ACnerfshop

ACnerfshop

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 12:16 AM

I've personally used the Longstrike with both the 6kg and 5kg springs. With 5kg the range is slightly decreased, but I was easily able to use only one hand to prime the blaster. With the 6kg I had to use both hands. Although Pump-Action sounds like it would be nicer either way.

#5 Zumatrix

Zumatrix

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 04:27 AM

Yes I came up with pump action also. But pump action on a Longstrike never looks that awesome. Hmm, the 5kg spring will be my solution if nothing else helps, due to shipping all prices of OMW are relatively expensive.
Zumatrix

#6 Aeromech

Aeromech

• Moderators
  • 434 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 11:10 AM

If you have the resources, time, and experience, you could mill your own aluminum or steel bolt, keeping the original chamber and barrel assembly. The plastic is deforming, so if you change your bolt material, this should sovle your problem. If your brother is small in size, perhaps you could machine something that primes from one priming handle, keeping the priming mechanism in the same location. It would take some shell modification as well.

Edited by Aeromech, 29 January 2012 - 04:08 PM.

Watch my shitty videos

This is so ghetto but so awesome.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users