Photo

taking out AR's without opening up blaster?

9 replies to this topic

#1 Jelly

Jelly

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 02:55 AM

I have a Firefly Rev-8 and I see that the turret has no cover unlike the maverick barrel, can't I just use something to pull the restrictors out externally?

Edited by Jelly, 28 January 2012 - 03:55 PM.

#2 KoRnEd

KoRnEd

• Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 03:20 AM

I have a Firefly Rev-8 and I see that the drum has no cover unlike the maverick barrel, can't I just use something to pull the restrictors out externally?

1. It is a turret, not a drum.
2. Typically the easiest way to do this would be to stick a drill down each of the barrels to remove both the pegs and the Air restrictors. Keep in mind however, that if you drill too deep, you may damage the blaster.
3. I recommend taking the blaster apart if you would like to ensure that you do not harm the blaster, as the firefly is one of the blasters that the AR's just fall right out.

20:07 tiredKitty living in NYC, you could spend a lot of time in Chinatown and only speak the mother tongue
20:07 tiredKitty Not a good idea, btw.

I have identified the problem: "maverick"

#3 Aeromech

Aeromech

• Moderators
  • 434 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 03:33 AM

3. I recommend taking the blaster apart if you would like to ensure that you do not harm the blaster, as the firefly is one of the blasters that the AR's just fall right out.

He's right, you know.

You don't seem like you have a terrible amount of modification experience. Do a little more research on the blaster and then open it up. You might even be able to implement a few more mods on this blaster if you become more knowledgeable on the subject. In other words, you should know exactly what you want to do and how you want to do it before you ever pick up any tools.
Watch my shitty videos

This is so ghetto but so awesome.

#4 NerfNoob10

NerfNoob10

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 04:06 AM

Yes It is possible to take out the air restrictors on a fire fly with out opening up, in fact here is a video showing you just that.
Video
However I do have to agree with everyone else that it is better to open up the gun, if for nothing else then to learn something about its inner workings and to improve your modding skills.

#5 KaptainKrazy

KaptainKrazy

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 08:14 AM

http://nerfhaven.com...?showtopic=4964

There you go.

the only mod you can have is the range extetder mod.

#6 Jelly

Jelly

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 03:53 PM

He's right, you know.

You don't seem like you have a terrible amount of modification experience. Do a little more research on the blaster and then open it up. You might even be able to implement a few more mods on this blaster if you become more knowledgeable on the subject. In other words, you should know exactly what you want to do and how you want to do it before you ever pick up any tools.

I haven't done much modding, other than spring replacement and AR removal, I'm kinda new to this.

#7 Zumatrix

Zumatrix

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 03:58 PM

Well, there is a very easy way actually!

This is a very easy and effective way to drill out the AR is less than 5 minutes, don't forget to pull out the AR spring when you think you're done!

Zumatrix

#8 Aeromech

Aeromech

• Moderators
  • 434 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 10:04 PM

This is a very easy and effective way to drill out the AR is less than 5 minutes, don't forget to pull out the AR spring when you think you're done!

Except for the part where it isn't.

If you take apart the turret of the Firefly or Maverick, the ARs will literally fall out from the force of gravity. No drilling required. The Recon displayed in the video supplied by Zumatrix has a different barrel and restrictor system from the Firefly in question. The Recon's restrictors are unified with the rest of the body of the plungertube/chamber via adhesive. The AR is part of the dynamic barrel/plunger system. It will not rotate if a torque, (in this case, from the drill,) is applied.

The Firefly turret can be opened up with relative ease. Once this happens, take out the spring and dynamic restrictor from the assembly. Cut off the posts from the housing too, if you like. Because these ARs are not as secure in their orientation as those of the Recon, they may rotate when the drill is used, thus spinning with the brass tube rather than being cut/melted away.

That is my advice. Take it if you wish, but the final decsion is obviously yours to make.

Edited by Aeromech, 28 January 2012 - 10:06 PM.

Watch my shitty videos

This is so ghetto but so awesome.

#9 Exo

Exo

• Members
  • 391 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 01:34 AM

Half the fun is in the sore wrists. Just open the stupid thing up, it's not that bad inside, and you'll want to do a whole lot more than just ARs when you get it open. Not only that, but wouldn't you rather see the internals before they are touched, just so you can see how everything works in case something breaks?

#10 Jelly

Jelly

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 02:36 AM

Except for the part where it isn't.

If you take apart the turret of the Firefly or Maverick, the ARs will literally fall out from the force of gravity. No drilling required. The Recon displayed in the video supplied by Zumatrix has a different barrel and restrictor system from the Firefly in question. The Recon's restrictors are unified with the rest of the body of the plungertube/chamber via adhesive. The AR is part of the dynamic barrel/plunger system. It will not rotate if a torque, (in this case, from the drill,) is applied.

The Firefly turret can be opened up with relative ease. Once this happens, take out the spring and dynamic restrictor from the assembly. Cut off the posts from the housing too, if you like. Because these ARs are not as secure in their orientation as those of the Recon, they may rotate when the drill is used, thus spinning with the brass tube rather than being cut/melted away.

That is my advice. Take it if you wish, but the final decsion is obviously yours to make.

Yeah, I opened it up and I decided to upgrade the springs of both my mav and firefly.
The each get 40~50 ft consisently, glad I did more than just take out the ARs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users