Photo

Grid Code Indoor Nerf War in PA

Sunday, Feb 19th in Allentown PA

69 replies to this topic

Poll: Grid Code Indoor Nerf War in PA

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

To RSVP, check the box below. Only vote if you are willing to pay the $5 nonrefundable deposit and $20 ticket price.

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 10:37 AM

Date: Sunday, February 19th, Starting PROMPTLY at 9AM and running until 2PM. If you absolutely can't make it by 9, let me know ahead of time so I know when I can expect you.
Cost: Nonrefundable $5 deposit now plus $15 at the door.
Lunch: We won't be having one. The war is only from 9 to 2. I'm going to eat before and after. If you bring something to eat, make it something you can snack on during downtime between rounds, or be prepared to sit out a round.
Waiver: everyone will need to fill out this waiver. Please print this out and bring it with you to the war. If you are under 18, you have to have a parent/guardian sign it, so don't come unprepared, or you won't be allowed to play.

If you have any trouble finding the place, or otherwise need to contact me, you can call 732-903-5453 (732-903-LGLF)

Please keep in mind that I am paying a significant portion of the fee out of pocket. If you have RSVP'ed and back out, I will still have to cover your share.

Rules:
Bring eye protection. Eye protection will be mandatory for everyone. This does not mean eyeglasses.
Rules will be standard Mag7/Apoc rules, with an additional range restriction (Facility Rules).
*Slugs Only (Stock darts and silicon tipped darts made by the U3 are okay)
*No homemade airguns, Titans, Jobars, 5ks, etc. Use your head.
*Any airguns originally designed to shoot something bigger than a dart (arrows/missiles) may not have a plugged pump.
*For the purpose of pistol rounds, a pistol is a small single shot springer (like a TTG, Nite Finder, or Lock n' Load) with a stock plunger tube. If your pistol gets substantially better ranges than those examples because a.)It's not really a pistol or b.)Some crazy bullshit you did to it, it may not be allowed for pistol rounds.
Range: Maximum range for all blasters fired flat at shoulder height is 75'. Be prepared to prove this range with anything you bring.

Tips for tuning down your existing primary:
The simplest way to do this in my experience is to cut down a barrel to a shorter length than what you usually use, and drill a couple of small porting holes near the end to keep darts from fishtailing. Keep trimming the barrel until you get the desired range. If you have multiple catch notches on a plusbow, you can also put a device on the stock to keep the handle from being fully primed, or just make and install a plunger rod with a shorter draw. The first method seems to be the best if you want to be able to reliably use a hopper. See VACC's post for another method.

Photos of the arena:
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

You can poop in my toilet anytime champ.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

#2 thesaz123

thesaz123

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 10:39 AM

Ignore this

Edited by thesaz123, 25 January 2012 - 10:54 AM.

Thesaz123: Noob Nerf Modder

#3 andtheherois

andtheherois

• Banned
  • 821 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 12:49 PM

As I already told you, I'm down for this. Hopefully we can get enough people to show up.
The YooToobz
Photobucket

Winning rounds is rewarding, deal with it. We don't play fucking patty cake over here.

#4 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 12:58 PM

As I already told you, I'm down for this. Hopefully we can get enough people to show up.

Awesome. Hoongfu's out, but I'm hoping the rest of the regular NJNO crew can make the trip.

Reminder to everyone: You can pick more than one date in the poll. Please select all dates that you are available for. If you have a preference, you can mention it in a post. You should also be able to change your vote if necessary.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

#5 shandsgator8

shandsgator8

• Members
  • 603 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 07:00 PM

I absolutely, positively cannot make it on the 19th. I will be able to make it on the 5th, though

Edited by shandsgator8, 25 January 2012 - 07:01 PM.

#6 bpso86

bpso86

• Members
  • 618 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 01:32 AM

19th is good for me. Alex and I would be able to attend, although she would not be playing (just taking pictures most likely). I hope the 75' rule is effective and enforced, as last time the hoppered +bows made the primary rounds pointless.

#7 SlightlySane813

SlightlySane813

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 05:56 AM

I would love to go but only the 19th works for me, I have no possible way of doing the 5th.
Also known as the French Canadian eh!

#8 Shoopy

Shoopy

• Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 07:04 AM

I'd like to try to attend. I'm not sure of any dates though currently at this time. I'll get back to you when I know for sure. Can't wait to war again!
You know you all want to crouch like a tiger...

PA POWER Clan Is that all ya got?

#9 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 11:04 AM

I'm more than ready for a Grid Code War, but I don't think I can make it any time in February. The 5th is most deffinately out, and the 19th is very very unlikely. Honestly, Sundays are gonna be tough for me even in NJ, and all the way out PA is gonna be nearly impossible. I'll come back and vote if the 19th starts to look any better.

If anybody is on the fence about this, you should not hesitate to put the money down. $25 is a small fee for a pretty unique nerfing experience. I know some people also don't want to make slugs, or bring weaker blasters, but it's really the way to go here. Toneing down your blaster, as Langely explained, is easier than it seems. Another option, if the shorter barrel is giving you problems, is to create some artificial deadspace with a t-joint, a 1-2" lenght of pvc, and an endcap assembled between the air chamber and your hopper assembly.

#10 Gears

Gears

The boy who lived

• Members
  • 848 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 11:22 AM

Exactly what VACC said. Grid Code is a nerf experience you're not likely to find any place else. Rounds are fast paced and you'll likely play the same amount of rounds typically played on a 10-sunset Saturday war. Cover is evenly distributed, and the location is super easy to find. I know I won't be able to make it out, but don't let my lack of attendance stop you! Langley hosts a mean war!

WoW is destroying my life.

-Groove out.

LAWN GNOME LIBERATION FRONT

#11 Solscud007

Solscud007

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 11:45 AM

Exactly what VACC said. Grid Code is a nerf experience you're not likely to find any place else. Rounds are fast paced and you'll likely play the same amount of rounds typically played on a 10-sunset Saturday war. Cover is evenly distributed, and the location is super easy to find. I know I won't be able to make it out, but don't let my lack of attendance stop you! Langley hosts a mean war!

Ooh this would be perfect for the Rayven!!! Can we do a lights out game?

#12 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 12:59 PM

Ooh this would be perfect for the Rayven!!! Can we do a lights out game?

Yes. After we build the pillow fort, but before we play flashlight tag.

2016 Nerf War Schedule

#13 dizzyduck

dizzyduck

• Members
  • 627 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 01:10 PM

I'm a tentative "yes" for either date, pending a ride from someone in the DMV. I might have work. I can give more info later.
Duck off.
Art & Stuff

#14 clownieX

clownieX

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 01:11 PM

I'll put one up for the 19th. That will give my time to tell work-mart that I ain't coming in (like their gona give me the day off, time for another 24 hour cold). But like I told Hero, nothing messes with my Nerfing so I can do either if it come down to it. Got some new Christmass gifts that I whant to play with (if their ready).

#15 LT DAN ICE CREAM

LT DAN ICE CREAM

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 04:23 PM

Yes. After we build the pillow fort, but before we play flashlight tag.

My mind read this as "fleshlight tag". I'm severely disappointed now.

I like the 19th for this. More time for me to work on blasters.

#16 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 04:37 PM

My mind read this as "fleshlight tag". I'm severely disappointed now.

Yeah, none of that going on. Not unless SublimeDom shows up. Looks like it's going to be the 19th. People should still vote in the poll if they're coming, as that will be how I know who to request a deposit from. I'm just going to send paypal requests to the e-mail address linked to your nerfhaven account. If that's a problem, send me a PM.

2016 Nerf War Schedule

#17 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 01:15 PM

It looks like someone backed out of the poll, not sure who. I need at least one more vote by the end of the weekend, or I won't be able to cover the arena fee.

2016 Nerf War Schedule

#18 DX-Robert

DX-Robert

formerly DX

• Members
  • 679 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 09:13 PM

I can likely make the 19th. The fees, weaker guns, slugs, etc are not an issue.

United Nerf Ops - The premier northeast US nerf club serving the tristate area (NY, NJ, CT)
NYC Nerf Ops - Nerf in New York City itself
NJ Nerf Ops - Nerf in New Jersey
CT Nerf Ops - Nerf in Connecticut

UNO also has a Discord server, DM me on Discord to join (@vincentdrake)

-----------------------------------------------
My other groups:
Nerf Thrifters - A group for posting thrifts and other second-hand finds

#19 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 02:07 AM

Okay, we're on for the 19th. I got them to change the terms from $350 to $20 per person (minimum $300), so if we get 15 people to show up, we're set. As the host I'm willing to cover the difference if we only have 10 turn out. Please keep in mind that if you back out, and no one takes your spot, I will be paying the difference out of pocket.

Note about lunch: We won't be having one. The war is only from 9 to 2. I'm going to eat before and after. If you bring something to eat, make it something you can snack on during downtime between rounds, or be prepared to sit out a round.

If you absolutely can't make it by 9, let me know ahead of time so I know when I can expect you.

Edit: For the deposit, I set up a paypal button on the LGLF Blog. If you have any trouble with this, drop me a PM

Double fuck-you-papal Edit: Okay, These buttons are retarded, I'm just going to send out paypal requests to the e-mails attached to your NH accounts. Let me know if this is a problem.

2016 Nerf War Schedule

#20 Muttonchops

Muttonchops

1.21 Muttonflops

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 02:40 PM

I'll be there, as per our conversation. Time to diddle some faces, and by that, I mean no poon blasters. Maybe the recon and mantarm will make a comeback? God I hope not.

Also, Clownie, you better be a fucking awesome dude, or else I will have to skull fuck you right in the stupid mask for using my avatar.
The LGLF - The ass-kickingest, arm-missingest, beer-drinkingest nerf clan in Jersey

21:45 Gears That's boob grabbing time
21:45 Gears it is so easy

#21 Lucian

Lucian

• Members
  • 446 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 03:29 PM

I'm in.

Contact me for design consultation relating to 3D Printing, CNC Machining, and Laser Cutting. I am always happy to collaborate on viable Open Source projects and/or business ventures. 

#22 SlightlySane813

SlightlySane813

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 03:45 PM

Also, Clownie, you better be a fucking awesome dude, or else I will have to skull fuck you right in the stupid mask for using my avatar.

That should be interesting.
Also known as the French Canadian eh!

#23 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 04:24 PM

Just got word from Grid Code, everyone will need to fill out this waiver. Please print this out and bring it with you to the war. If you are under 18, you have to have a parent/guardian sign it, so don't come unprepared, or you won't be allowed to play.

Also, everyone please get on top of the $5 deposit ASAP, as I have to put down a deposit on the event myself and that is how I had planned to pay for it.

2016 Nerf War Schedule

#24 andtheherois

andtheherois

• Banned
  • 821 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 05:42 PM

Figured I'd ask this, but are guests allowed to come?
The YooToobz
Photobucket

Winning rounds is rewarding, deal with it. We don't play fucking patty cake over here.

#25 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 05:50 PM

As long as they've got darts and a blaster that doesn't break any of the rules or the range restriction, sure. Just try and get them up to speed on the rules, we're going to have to keep this thing moving pretty steadily.

2016 Nerf War Schedule

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users