Photo

Broken Longshot Plunger cap

I need some help with this, it left me perplexed.

4 replies to this topic

#1 nuni7270

nuni7270

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 05:59 PM

Hey everyone. In my rush to mod my LS in 10 mins so I could chase down a friend, I forgot the reinforcement. The black cap that holds the spring when you pull back the bolt has been shattered, an in case you don't know what I am talking about I have provided a link below to a video that shows where the piece should go. What can I do to fix this problem and allow my LS to operate again? Thanks in advance.

My link
5, 4, 3, 2, 1, BOOM

#2 evilbunnyo

evilbunnyo

• Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 07:01 PM

Depends what you have access to. If you have a lasercutter you could laminate two pieces together and make a new one. If not just buy a replacement. Someone on here makes molds of pieces and then makes replacement ones so that's an option to.
Silence is golden but duct tape is silver

#3 magnum

magnum

• Banned
  • 24 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 10:12 PM

i can give you an extra for cash or a longshot catch. if not just cut two circular pieces of maybe 1/4 polycarb or plastic then maybe try to screw it on threw the sides ( put the screw where the dash is and the O is the plunger tube -O-

#4 CuppaSteve

CuppaSteve

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 09:02 AM

I believe a 3/4" PVC endcap wrapped in some e-tape serves as a good replacement. Just make sure to reinforce the parts of the shell that hold the plate back with some e-putty or something.

#5 owmyquach

owmyquach

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 04:42 PM

Couldn't you just get a big metal washer, and drill holes in it? 2 for screws and one for the plunger, or just one for the plunger and glue it on.

USER WAS WARNED FOR THIS POST

This is your second thread necro in as many days. Stop doing that.

Edited by Daniel Beaver, 26 July 2012 - 05:18 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users