Photo

NOOB Angel Breech Question

6 replies to this topic

#1 Guitarzan

Guitarzan

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 12:14 PM

Disclaimer: This is my frist angel breech, and the first gun that I've heavily modified (more extensive than just removing AR and such), so this is an amateur question. However, I could not find the answer no matter where I looked

Question: How do you get the clips to fit back into the gun with the angel breech installed? I made a 17/32 angel breech, but the 17/32 brass (cut into a semi circle) clearly has a larger diameter than the circle shape at the top of the clips, hence clips won't fit into the gun....

#2 zx532

zx532

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 01:04 PM

My workaround of that little problem is to seal the breech and then just force the clip on I am sure that there is a better solution but this appears to work so far (the blaster isn't fully put back together though so I'm not really sure how well this will work)
Progress: Just a long line of people saying "See? I told you it could be done"

#3 Guitarzan

Guitarzan

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 01:07 PM

My workaround of that little problem is to seal the breech and then just force the clip on I am sure that there is a better solution but this appears to work so far (the blaster isn't fully put back together though so I'm not really sure how well this will work)

That just seems like it would ruin the clip rather quickly.... thanks for the thought though

#4 Swiftone1990

Swiftone1990

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 01:30 PM

Snakerbot's long shot is that way. you just smack it in with the breech closed. I cycled one clip through probably ~50 in a day on it, with no visible damage to either the clip or breech. And the clip was entirely stock.
I am not retreating, I am advancing in a different direction

#5 Blue

Blue

• Members
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 03:16 PM

Yes, you just smack it with the breech closed. Just make sure that it's closed; if you force it in with the breech open you run a good chance of ruining the half pipe.

#6 238232

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 08:22 PM

As has been noted, the general way is to just push it in.

Or you could go with a quarter pipe instead:

http://modworks.blog...mod-update.html

Little less stable than a half pipe though.

#7 Guitarzan

Guitarzan

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 04:52 PM

Alright thanks guys! It's hard for me to believe that this won't hurt the clips, but I trust you guys

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users