The purpose of this build was to take the simplification of catches to as far as possible; the catch is the trigger.
I made a basic pull back snap/rainbow type blaster as the testbed. I recycled the nylon plunger rod from the rainfire, a snap style CPVC plunger rod could be used instead, I recommend using that.
It's 1 1/4" PVC, the spring rest is a 3/4" endcap, it has a [k26] and I haven't tested ranges and probably will not.
A shot of the trigger pulled. This causes it to fire after it is primed....
Here you can see the catchface; a dremeled-to-fuck piece of polycarb, I will not be using this design again. Instead using a 3/4" endcap; it is much less work as it is already the right general shape and you would just need to bevel the inside edge to get the same functionality.
Here's an Ms paint drawing in case you don't get how this functions by looking at actual pictures.
Blue = trigger/catch
red = plungerhead+plunger rod
blapck = plunger tube
Fun tips for making this sort of thing; the longer the catch arm of the trigger/catch is and the closer the pivot point is to the plunger tube the more stably it will catch.
Additionally, since I know someone will ask about the handle; it's made of some sort of plastic+sawdust decking material I found in the scraps bin at my nearby Menards. It is easy to machine and basically the best stuff ever.
I'm sure there will be a lot of questions because this is so retardedly simple that it can't be understood.
Edited by atomatron, 09 January 2012 - 03:37 AM.