R.E.S.O.L.U.T.I.O.N.

socal "stock class" war

2 replies to this topic

#1 Apollo256

Apollo256

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 11:10 PM

Herro Folks, let's kick off the new year in style, with Stock Blasters and Field Modding:

R.E.S.O.L.U.T.I.O.N.

Radiant
Event
Shows
Off
Lasting
Unity
That
Invigorates
Our
Nerfing

So Yes, this is a "Stock Event" similar to a N.I.B. war but not quite as strictly aimed at using a brand new gun, as it is going back to a time where you couldn't "science" a nerf gun beyond "slap a crayola marker on it"

Like every Stock War, there will be about an Hour of “Field Modding Time” using classic “basic” nerf modding supplies:

Hand tools like Screwdrivers, small hacksaws, pliers, wire cutters, x-acto knives or boxcutters, leatherman tool, hand drills, etc.

Electrical Tape/Duct Tape etc

Most Adhesives (includes Epoxy Putty, Super Glue, Plumber's Goop)
There is an outlet and I'll bring an extension cord so you can use Hot Glue if you wish.

Rubber Bands/Mini bungee

And Crayola Barrels or similar objects like those Jägermeister tubes as barrel material.

a 2k Pump tube is an acceptable way to mod something for Arrows.

NO PVC or other Pipe/Tubing WILL BE ALLOWED.

^much of this will be provided, but I'd recommend you bring tools if you have them. (I did pick up some of this stuff though including a hacksaw, Tape and super glue)

Naturally, there will still be some safety bans, IE no making titans shoot micros. Pistol splats and all variants are not allowed, because they perform on par with modded guns bone stock. But pretty much anything else is fair game. Bring as many or as few blasters as you'd like, by leaving the ammo stock, we should have a fairly level playing field whatever you bring. Also you're allowed to bring any guns that are already modded to these specifications, be it because you did it for one of the previous stock wars, or felt like modding in advance.

We'll start this earlier than usual, so that modding time doesn't cut too much into our playing time, so try to show up by 9 AM

Date is Set for the 21st, Gonna be fun times.

Shotgun Trail Rd.
Corona, CA 92883

Our previous Stock Events established our current "SCUN Throwback Rules" so we'll keep them here, Dart/Vortex Disc blocking with any blaster is legal, large ammo like Arrows, Rockets, and balls count as "shield-breakers" and still count as a hit when "blocked" by a blaster.

If you have any of the new Vortex Guns: Make sure to bring them. I'd love to see us do a Vortex Only round this year.

Leave your melee stuff at home for this folks, we're doing this olde skool.

In terms of food, there is a couple options relatively nearby, A Pizza Hut (which we can call in an order and pick up in about 15 min), a Subway and A Vons Grocery Store. I'm planning on ordering pizza, so bring cashito to pitch in.

Questions?
Monkies learn sign-language so they can tell dolphins they love them.

A horse is a horse of course of course, unless it is a zebra. What the hell is a zebra anyways?

#2 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 04:22 PM

That sounds amazing. 7 hours is a little too far of a drive for me right now, but if you guys are still doing stock wars this summer and I can round up a few people it may be doable. I'd drive 7 hours to have a real nerf war with guns that don't shoot 150' if there was a decent turnout.
SexD Warves

#3 Apollo256

Apollo256

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 05:38 PM

I'd drive 7 hours to have a real nerf war with guns that don't shoot 150' if there was a decent turnout.

well then you are in luck.

we typically have 2-3 stock class wars throughout the year and summertime is when one usually winds up happening with the best turnout.
Monkies learn sign-language so they can tell dolphins they love them.

A horse is a horse of course of course, unless it is a zebra. What the hell is a zebra anyways?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users