Which is Better

3 replies to this topic

#1 fastabs25

fastabs25

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 16 March 2003 - 11:08 AM

Which do you guys think is better?
I think the Big Bad Bow is...and one more thing, does the Larami 1000 have an automatically rotating barrel?
Anyone have a know a website with a review?

#2 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 16 March 2003 - 11:46 AM

My old website still has a review up, but there's no need to go there. The 1000 has a revolver style 6 dart rotation system and was by far the most powerfull of the original supermaxx line. However, it's extended barrel (which really served little purpose because of it's large diameter) caused endless misfires and jams. The point is if you're going to go for air pressure you should just break down and buy an airtech 3000. The mod we have on this site for it makes it a powerfull and far more dependable weapon than the original 1000. However, comparing it to the BBB becomes more tricky. The Bow is a spring powered weapon making it more reliable, and when moded correctly slightly more powerful, than the 1000 or 3000.

Conclusion? Well I'd say go with the 3000. It's still prevalent at toy stores everywhere, the mods are simple, you get a reliable auto rotation system (which makes it the first in my opinion, even the arrowstorm had its share of problems), and it has enough range to hit anything you're going to need to.

VACC

wait...ash is selling these isn't he...fuck I really need to read from the bottom up. OK ok, no problem, you people should deffinately purchase 1000's from Ash. You need a part of nerf history....BUY THEM!!!!

#3 Spoon

Spoon

Meh.

• Founders
  • 560 posts

Posted 16 March 2003 - 04:13 PM

While the SM1000 was definately the most powerful of the Supermaxx line, what caused most of the jams in my opinion wasn't the long barrel, but the chamber rotation mechanism. If the dart didn't fire all the way and you tried to fire again, it would jam the gun and eat your dart.

I also don't think that the BBB is more powerful than a well modded AT3K. Stock, yes the BBB has much more power, but even when well modded a BBB can't match the accuracy and range of the AT3K brass or PETG modded. Innaccuracy IMO was always a problem of the BBB.

It is also my belief that Vacc is a Grade-A Poopiehead.
Two roads converged in the woods, and I took the one less traveled......and now I don't know where the hell I am.

#4 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 17 March 2003 - 03:27 AM

Well bullshit was always my best subject.

VACC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users