Photo

water warriors pulse strike tank help

15 replies to this topic

#1 thespankerlives

thespankerlives

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 25 December 2011 - 01:33 PM

I got a pulse strike today and I took the tank out because I am going to put it in another gun. I plugged up the tank to another pump to test it but all the air leaks out the back. Any suggestions?

#2 agc2k

agc2k

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 25 December 2011 - 03:39 PM

Try replacing the tubing. Maybe the tubing is leaking.

#3 Buffdaddy

Buffdaddy

Do not buy from this member

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 824 posts

Posted 25 December 2011 - 03:58 PM

I got a pulse strike today and I took the tank out because I am going to put it in another gun. I plugged up the tank to another pump to test it but all the air leaks out the back. Any suggestions?

Considering this is a water gun tank, put it under water and pump, to see where exactly the air is coming out. Just for official conformation. Not going to harm the tank.

If you're leaking out the back of the tank, then your problem is either the plunger-to-wall seal or the o-ring seal around the metal firing pin. If all else fails, you could cut off the back of the tank with a pipe cutter, look at it/fix what's needed, then reassemble. But let's do proper diagnosis first.

#4 Buffdaddy

Buffdaddy

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 824 posts

Posted 25 December 2011 - 03:58 PM

EDIT: Sorry for the double-post; computer error on my end.

Edited by Buffdaddy, 25 December 2011 - 04:09 PM.

#5 thespankerlives

thespankerlives

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 25 December 2011 - 04:05 PM

The leak is straight out of the back where the firing pin is

#6 Buffdaddy

Buffdaddy

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 824 posts

Posted 25 December 2011 - 04:09 PM

The leak is straight out of the back where the firing pin is

Well crap. People, feel free to comment here with recommendations. I'd elect to cut out the back of the tank (CAREFULLY), similar to how you would open an At2K tank. that way, you can pull things out, see if something is wrong (like an offset O-ring, a piece of plastic shaving stuck in the plunger seal, etc).

#7 thespankerlives

thespankerlives

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 25 December 2011 - 04:12 PM

Alright thanks and im having the same problem with my larami cps 1500. Haha its just not my day

#8 taerKitty

taerKitty

• Members
  • 883 posts

Posted 25 December 2011 - 04:30 PM

If it's coming out the back by the firing pin, it's pretty much effed up. The PS has a 'plunger head' in the tank that all your pumping pushes back against its very strong internal spring. For that to work, this PH has to have a good seal along the firing pin as well. The fact that you're getting it leaking out the firing pin seal means that the PH seal to the firing pin is blown.

Also, these things run at insanely high pressures. I have not tried, but I doubt anyone can cut one apart and reattach it without it leaking or possibly failing catastrophically later.

Edit: It may not be your day, but it's your lucky month. Mouthing off to Langley is usually a one-way ticket to some other NIC site. Oh, and he's the nice admin.

Edited by taerKitty, 25 December 2011 - 04:32 PM.

Fugly is a feature.

#9 Buffdaddy

Buffdaddy

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 824 posts

Posted 25 December 2011 - 05:01 PM

If it's coming out the back by the firing pin, it's pretty much effed up. The PS has a 'plunger head' in the tank that all your pumping pushes back against its very strong internal spring. For that to work, this PH has to have a good seal along the firing pin as well. The fact that you're getting it leaking out the firing pin seal means that the PH seal to the firing pin is blown.

Also, these things run at insanely high pressures. I have not tried, but I doubt anyone can cut one apart and reattach it without it leaking or possibly failing catastrophically later.

Edit: It may not be your day, but it's your lucky month. Mouthing off to Langley is usually a one-way ticket to some other NIC site. Oh, and he's the nice admin.

It would think the task possible, with careful work and the right materials. You'd have to measure PT diameter and such to see if any pipe fits snugly over it, use really nice plastic epoxy that takes days to cure, etc. Assuming you actually have an OPV of some kind, the plunger itself shouldn't slide far enough back to reach the gap, or to shear the epoxy job, if done properly.

There's a small chance that there's manufacturing debris keeping the o-ring from sealing. Pressurize the tank with water a few times, maybe it'll clean out.

Always test blasters in stock condition, for example for soakers run a few tanks of water through. This way you can know if you're facing problems right from the start.

Cannot agree enough. Also, I would assume that water itself it the lubricant (similar to how a rubber-headed syringe moves).

#10 thespankerlives

thespankerlives

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 25 December 2011 - 05:49 PM

The only thing I can think of is that when I opened up the pulse strike the little lactic lever that pulls the firing pin could have stuck and it might have bent the firing pin. If that's the issue im just glad it happened to a pulse strike and not something really rare

#11 arfink

arfink

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 01:48 PM

Cannot agree enough. Also, I would assume that water itself it the lubricant (similar to how a rubber-headed syringe moves).

In my experience with these that is definitely the case. Something you might consider- the leak around the firing pin may be the result of there not being enough pressure to engage the seals. It seems strange, but try pumping very quickly to get the piston moved back into position, and see if there is a place where it "sticks" and seals properly. It's kinda fiddly to have to do that in a war, but it might work.
A2GS + 4 meg RAM + 128 meg CF + 9600 Baud Lantronix = WIN

#12 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 02:55 PM

Just out of curiosity, are you planning on modifying this water gun to fire nerf darts?

You can poop in my toilet anytime champ.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

#13 thespankerlives

thespankerlives

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 02:57 PM

Yes but I had to put the poject to the side for now bc the tank is just done

#14 Buffdaddy

Buffdaddy

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 824 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 06:24 PM

Langley asked because you had better be firing balls, arrows, or at least 4 darts at a time, if not more.

Pulse Strike tanks are arguably more powerful than Titan Tanks. Thus there are inherent risks to ever using it on people. Plus, many groups refuse to even allow converted Super Soakers.

If this is only for screwing around, ok. But if it's for a war, you'd better be firing the above, and the host is definitely going to pump that sucker up to the max rather than believe you, because safety is paramount. If you're say, going to a Chicago war, they'll pump it until an OPV goes off or the tank explodes.

Make sure you have an OPV.

#15 Buffdaddy

Buffdaddy

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 824 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 06:24 PM

INTERNET FAIL. Please ignore.

Edited by Buffdaddy, 26 December 2011 - 06:25 PM.

#16 thespankerlives

thespankerlives

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 06:29 PM

It was just for a fun project. Not for war

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users