Air Horn - Simplest mod ever!

Dollar Store Air Horn

6 replies to this topic

#1 makeitgo

makeitgo

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 07:27 AM

Okay, this is probably the simplest mod ever!!! It literally takes 5 seconds.... Probably even less!

This was originally an entry to a mod contest. The challenge and goal was to create a mod as cheaply and easy as possible that required as little skill as possible. Points were awarded for originality, ease, and how much had to be altered to achieve the mod. The more it swayed from stock the less points were awarded. But ranges and performance had to be improved.

Here was my entry.

Total cost $2.00 + tax from the dollar store.

The blaster in question: (drum rollllll)

Posted Image

...I know, right?!? What the f#@k?!?

And this is all you need...

Posted Image

Pop off the top.

Posted Image

...trust me. It comes off easily.

Poke the hyme... I mean the plastic membrane that makes that horrible noise.

Posted Image

Pop it back on.

Posted Image

And your done!

Since it was never intended to actually fire anything except, noise, the stock ranges were technically 0ft and the rate of fire was also 0 ...but in the spirit of this contest, before the membrane was broken, it acted like an air restrictor only allowing the darts to kind of flop out. At best I was getting 3 maybe 5 feet flat at around chest level.

But after it's cherry was popped, I was getting 30+ feet. Depending on how hard and quickly I pushed the button. :)

The original propulsion system is intact and the original barrel has not been replaced.
No extra parts (CPVC, PVC, spring etc.) were needed.

The only limitation I can see, is that it will eventually run out of pressurized air. For me, it was around 50+ shots.

In a war during an 'awfuls-pistol' round. It would last 3 or 4 rounds in my opinion.

All in all, a fun and absolutely ridiculously easy mod. Try it out. Fun times in 5 seconds.

Posted Image

*I know this can be taken a lot further but it was specifically for a contest.

Edited by makeitgo, 03 January 2012 - 07:31 AM.

"...he is one speedy bastard." ~ Cheyner

#2 Eraser475

Eraser475

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 11:54 AM

I need to get an air horn now! Great job, MIG!
"That seems like substantially less fun than filling it with beer". -Draconis

"There is no such thing as over kill! If you can carry it and prime it. You're good to go". -Makeitgo

"Admin Edit: Dumbest Crossbow in existence. Congratulations!" <-- Admin in the Show off your crossbow thread.

#3 DudeRadster

DudeRadster

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 12:13 PM

That'd be cool if someone took this idea and made a device that filled air tanks/bladders much faster than pumping.
Only YOU can prevent preserve Wildfires.

#4 Aeromech

Aeromech

• Moderators
  • 434 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 12:35 PM

This would be McGuyver's sidearm. Yet this is the simplest mod I've seen to date. The fact that this can be hidden as a Nerf blaster in plain sight is what really intrigues me. Very spy like of you, MIG, and a testament to your imagination.
Watch my shitty videos

This is so ghetto but so awesome.

#5 Eraser475

Eraser475

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 12:37 PM

That'd be cool if someone took this idea and made a device that filled air tanks/bladders much faster than pumping.

People have have hooked a bladder up to a tank so their blaster can be semi auto for a while until the bladder runs out. Then they pump the bladder back up and fire all over again.
"That seems like substantially less fun than filling it with beer". -Draconis

"There is no such thing as over kill! If you can carry it and prime it. You're good to go". -Makeitgo

"Admin Edit: Dumbest Crossbow in existence. Congratulations!" <-- Admin in the Show off your crossbow thread.

#6 makeitgo

makeitgo

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 01:33 PM

This would be McGuyver's sidearm. Yet this is the simplest mod I've seen to date. The fact that this can be hidden as a Nerf blaster in plain sight is what really intrigues me. Very spy like of you, MIG, and a testament to your imagination.

It's funny you mention MacGyver. He's definitely one of my influences growing up. In part, that's where 'MakeItGo' came from. Amongst my friends growing up, and even to this day, I'm the one they call when they need to MacGyver something.

"Don't worry. He'll make it go."
"...he is one speedy bastard." ~ Cheyner

#7 td667

td667

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 07:01 PM

It's funny you mention MacGyver. He's definitely one of my influences growing up. In part, that's where 'MakeItGo' came from. Amongst my friends growing up, and even to this day, I'm the one they call when they need to MacGyver something.

"Don't worry. He'll make it go."

Well said sir!
I am looking to buy a BBB, 4B, or a rf20. PM or email me with any offers.

92% of teens have moved on to rap.
If you are part of the 8% who still listen to "real music",
copy and paste this into your signature.

"Be prepared."-MacGyver

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users