Sneak Shot Mod

never seen one

19 replies to this topic

#1 MegaZac

MegaZac

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 May 2004 - 11:48 PM

I was wondering if anybody knows of or has done a decent Sneak Shot mod. I took mine apart the other day and the locking mechanism on the plunger is a little funky. Any suggestions?

#2 NinjZ

NinjZ

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 19 May 2004 - 01:22 AM

One, read the code of conduct.

Two, dont ask stupid questions that there are 32478897985745746 mod write ups for.

Just search this site with the friggen search options, or use google. come on now, have some smarts.

prepare to be flamed by others !

#3 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 19 May 2004 - 10:39 AM

Two, dont ask stupid questions that there are 32478897985745746 mod write ups for.

Just search this site with the friggen search options, or use google. come on now, have some smarts.

What the fuck is wrong with you?

He didn't do anything in violation of the Code of Conduct.

In 5 minutes of searching, I turned up only one mod for the Sneak Shot (on NHQ), and it's a really shitty one with poor description and no pics.

There are precisely zero sneak shot mods on this site, in the mods section or in the forums.

The only person who will be flaming him is you, now it's your turn to come under fire. Oh, read this topic and see if you recognize anybody.
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#4 NinjZ

NinjZ

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 19 May 2004 - 02:16 PM

I never said there was a mod for it here. I said to just try here first useing the search option. You can find lots of mods for it on google (single, double, barrel replacemeant ).

Also, just because I havent been at this site for more than a month doesnt mean Im a newb. Ive been nerfing for a long time before I knew there were sites for it.
I actually figured out useing PVC for barrels before I even knew of the word moding.

Sorry, I thought the code of conduct said somethign about researching before asking a question. When people post a question for a common mod like this one they usually get flamed. I wasnt flaming him, i was jokeing...

Edited by NinjZ, 19 May 2004 - 02:22 PM.

#5 Half Newb Half Nerfer

Half Newb Half Nerfer

• Members
  • 737 posts

Posted 19 May 2004 - 02:24 PM

Its probibly not a good idea to counter cxwq.

#6 NinjZ

NinjZ

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 19 May 2004 - 02:29 PM

Im not countering, Im defending myself. Im not trying to insult him in any way..

v. coun·tered, coun·ter·ing, coun·ters
v. tr.

To meet or return (a blow) by another blow.

There was no second blow, thefore, defending.

Edited by NinjZ, 19 May 2004 - 02:37 PM.

#7 Half Newb Half Nerfer

Half Newb Half Nerfer

• Members
  • 737 posts

Posted 19 May 2004 - 02:31 PM

Im not countering, Im defending myself. Im not trying to insult him in any way..

Um, countering and defending are the same thing.

#8 Pineapple

Pineapple

Old-school Admin

• Contributors
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 19 May 2004 - 02:37 PM

I checked Google, and there was one Sneak Shot modification, and that was the one on NHQ. Not very detailed too, at that.

It was a legitimate question. That's what cx was getting at.

Not having a Sneak Shot, I (as well as many here) don't really have a good answer to that one. Although VeggieBoy 3000 has a pretty mean integration that uses the modded Sneak Shot as the primary, with an AT2k as the back up. Try PMing him; he checks here every now and then.

Hope that helps some.

-Piney-
-Piney- of White Dog Hobbies Armory

<!--quoteo(post=209846:date=Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM:name=boom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boom @ Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
It's to bad you live in hawaii I bet there are not many wars there.Wait what am I saying<b> you live in hawaii you lucky bastard.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#9 NinjZ

NinjZ

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 19 May 2004 - 02:44 PM

http://yakman.i8.com/secret_shot.htm

http://www26.brinkst...ods/SS1mod.html

http://home.comcast....~mstang/ss1.htm

http://www.nerfworld...mods/ss1mod.htm

Found four in 30 seconds...

#10 Half Newb Half Nerfer

Half Newb Half Nerfer

• Members
  • 737 posts

Posted 19 May 2004 - 02:48 PM

Wow, those are real good mods. To bad he said Sneak Shot not Secret Shot. Read closer dude!

#11 NinjZ

NinjZ

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 19 May 2004 - 02:58 PM

*sticks the colt45 into mouth and pulls trigger*

#12 Grinch

Grinch

• Members
  • 642 posts

Posted 19 May 2004 - 05:41 PM

1. Newbie makes reasonable post.

2. Month-old member tells Newbie they're dumb and warns them that an onslaught of hate is headed their way from the vets.

Edited by Grinch, 19 May 2004 - 05:41 PM.

Webmaster of Nerf World

Previously mrgrinch_nm!

#13 THIRST

THIRST

• Members
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 19 May 2004 - 06:26 PM

You act like people enjoy flaming. I have no respect for anyone who is amused by putting someone down that they will never meet. I may sound hypocritical, but telling one to prepare fro a flame, meakes you sound worse, and they should learn from themselves. I really doubt anyone here needs a warning. Im just surprised you didnt start the bandawagon, and flame him first.

THIRST
ko

#14 NinjZ

NinjZ

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 19 May 2004 - 06:31 PM

i wasnt acting like anything, from all the stuff ive read, newbs usually get flamed for commonly asked questions. It was my mistake anyways, I thought he was talking about the secret shot. I already sent him a PM apologizing.

#15 MegaZac

MegaZac

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 May 2004 - 07:00 PM

Hey, it's all good if you thought it was the secret shot, there's plenty of mods around for that. I did research it a bit before posting, here and elsewhere, and didn't find anything so that's why I posted. Thanks for the info from everybody though. I'll have to try some stuff out and see what happens.

#16 THIRST

THIRST

• Members
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 19 May 2004 - 07:14 PM

Yeah, sicne there arent any good mods out, open it up, mod it, and experiment. See what you can do with it...Doing an origional mod is much more satisfying than following other's instructions.

THIRST
ko

#17 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 20 May 2004 - 12:24 AM

Contact Veggieboy, he's modded a few and he really likes the results he got. I'll IM him sometime and ask him for you.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#18 VeggieBoy 3000

VeggieBoy 3000

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 20 May 2004 - 01:04 PM

Yeah i actually meant to post here yesterday but my computer konked out on me. Anyways, its pretty easy to mod the sneak shot, and its a real good gun once you get rid of all the gimmicky crap. All you have to do is take out that whole barrel rotating mechanism, and you'll have an orange plunger tube with some orange rubber tubing on the front. Pull that off. Now you'll notice that the plunger tube has a cone-shaped front. Cut a short piece of cpvc (about 1 inch) and glue that onto the front of the plunger tube, it should fit around part of the front of the tube. Now attach a coupler on the end of the cpvc stub, for your barrel to go into. I use a 4 inch barrel that gets 70-80 feet level, but depending on your darts you may want a longer one. When you put it back together, you may have to cut/sand the case a bit to fit the coupler.

here's a pic of mine: http://www.angelfire...rfgun/ss2k1.JPG
(copy and paste)

the bottom barrel is indeed, as piney mentioned, an at2k

Edited by VeggieBoy 3000, 20 May 2004 - 01:07 PM.

Go NAVY! Beat ARMY!

#19 Raiden

Raiden

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 05 June 2004 - 12:41 AM

Is the pump for your at2k inside your case or on the outside? I have wanted to do the same sort of thing for a while but I cant figure out how I could fit it all into the case, and I would rather not just tape the pump to the side.

#20 VeggieBoy 3000

VeggieBoy 3000

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 05 June 2004 - 07:41 PM

Oops, I thought that pic showed the pump. The pump is just glued ontot he side of the case, right above the sliding cocking handle, it fits perfect, and with a nice hotglue job it looks real neat and stays on securely. What you do have to do, though, is sand down the very inside part of the cocking lever, so it doesnt rub against the pump shaft.
Go NAVY! Beat ARMY!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users