SBBAFF&SCUNW planning

War for (middle) southern California

8 replies to this topic

#1 Exo

Exo

• Members
  • 391 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 09:49 PM

I just want to say that I've never hosted or even been to a war.
I also want to thank the guys at SCUN for being friendly.

I live too far from both BAFF and SCUN, the two major nerf wars. My parents just can't conceive of driving for two hours, dropping their 17-year old son off in some random park, waiting for 6 hours while their son shoots dangerous gun-like toys at other teens and adults, and then driving for another two hours.

So, this is something that I have had put in my signature, but now I'm officially posting it. If you live too far from either BAFF or SCUN, and would be willing to travel to Oxnard or within a certain radius, let me know.

If you have ideas as to what game rounds should be played, or have certain rules that you would like to see, or locations to play at, I am open to suggestions. I live like, 1000 feet from a massive field which could be used if someone was willing to provide mobstacles. I would like to see homemade airguns (to a certain extent) on the field, and I would like for dart types to not be heavilly restricted.

I will happily accept any suggestions, and I'm not picky about attendees, just no one under 10, period, and no one under 13 without a chaperone who has nerfing experience.

This isn't a current picture, it's the blob of dirt just north of the island, but it's all grassy now. Go to the satelite veiw to see it, you might be able to find a more current picture if you monkey with it.

Edited by Exo, 12 February 2020 - 10:04 PM.

#2 roboman

roboman

• Members
  • 489 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 10:15 PM

I might actually be willing to go, if there's a large enough attendance. From Google Maps, it looks like it's right down the street from the airport, so I might be able to convince my dad to fly there with me.

Youtube

LS and Retaliator boltsleds are currently available at https://www.facebook.com/RoboM8/

#3 mysterio

mysterio

• Members
  • 249 posts
  • State:California

Posted 08 December 2011 - 12:05 AM

If roboman's plane can hold one more person, I might be able to go.

If two powerful is a problem then just go with one powerful. I guess this style of hopper will work even beyond three powerful..

15:46 *** Buff is now known as TheGdiddler
15:51 TheGdiddler I'M GONNA GRAPE YOU"

#4 KoRnEd

KoRnEd

• Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 12:18 AM

I would love to come up to Oxnard with Mysterio and Roboman (Hope your plane can hold four :P) It sounds like a war would be enjoyable.

20:07 tiredKitty living in NYC, you could spend a lot of time in Chinatown and only speak the mother tongue
20:07 tiredKitty Not a good idea, btw.

I have identified the problem: "maverick"

#5 Exo

Exo

• Members
  • 391 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 12:08 PM

Four people already? This'll be good.

This entire war will depend mostly on interest from this thread.

Um, Things I/we still need:

Mobstacles
Gun rules
A date
Alternate places

I can whip up some mob' with a three-way L and 10 feet of pvc for a frame, but it'd be nice if some people could bring some.

I'm thinking that I want this war to be an experimental kind of thing, develop techniques for large ammo, airguns, shield rules, vortex rules, stuff like that. All I'm going to say on banned guns is: bring what your comfortable with, and just know that I'll be using pump-action all day, so don't use slow-to-reload stuff.

I'm thinking sometime in the late spring or summer, just knowing on how slow the family bureaucracy is, and I need time to get stuff moving, like darts and maybe mob'.

There's always the beach. :lol:

#6 Apollo256

Apollo256

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 07:18 PM

Just to let you know, as head of SCUN, we here in the LA/Orange county area have had no reason to create any mobstacle type things given that all our typical war locations have ample natural or manmade cover. Given that fact, more than likely you will need to provide them yourself.

But as you said alternate places are still an option.

As for options of other places why not the lot to the south of Wooley rd. before south harbor? that seems to me to have at least some trees. or better yet Via marina park next to Christa McAuliffe elementry. plus marina west park looks good too. Parks are usually a good place to start.

And if you find a good date i would love to try and make this.
Monkies learn sign-language so they can tell dolphins they love them.

A horse is a horse of course of course, unless it is a zebra. What the hell is a zebra anyways?

#7 roboman

roboman

• Members
  • 489 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 11:02 PM

I'm thinking sometime in the late spring or summer, just knowing on how slow the family bureaucracy is, and I need time to get stuff moving, like darts and maybe mob'.

Late spring or summer would work nicely. Mysterio and Korned, keep in mind that my dad's plane has two seats, and a very small baggage compartment. We might be able to borrow my dad's friend's plane, though...I guess we'll have to see as this gets closer to having an actual date.

Youtube

LS and Retaliator boltsleds are currently available at https://www.facebook.com/RoboM8/

#8 Exo

Exo

• Members
  • 391 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 03:45 PM

I'm perfectly ok with making some mobs, but those parks (VMP, MWP) look fairly good, and close. They still seem a little fieldey, but they might work.
Rudolph Beck memorial park has a nice patch with lots of trees, but I still don't know what a good tree to field ratio to look for.

That's the thing with Oxnard, there's not a lot of trees. And, I don't want to go much further into Oxnard, I don't want to meet up with the Chicas, "our" local gang.

More on the subject of rules, I want vortex guns to be classified as "large ammo" (like arrows or missiles), just incase there are any shielders playing. Obviously, no singled waterguns or titans. By waterguns or titans, I'm referring to the tanks, so if you have a mavtitan, it should be a shotgun or 'nade launcher. Darts, I really don't care, just no exposed metal, and no extremely heavy weights.

I saw the "pirates" video on robo's channel, I want to try that, but the park would need a jungle gym.

Edited by Exo, 09 December 2011 - 03:58 PM.

#9 Scooter1

Scooter1

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 05:02 PM

I live in Camarillo, so Iím certainly willing to be come if some of the SCUN guys I already know will be there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users