Photo

New Eab Mod

5 replies to this topic

#1 Ragornocks

Ragornocks

• Members
  • 415 posts

Posted 17 May 2004 - 10:00 PM

Here is my new mod for the EaB...it actually has a few new things in it! Yeah, you may want to check it out...

...and I've became a turncoat. So what, NHQ has gotten great bandwidth. C, just make sure you don't stab me in the big toe...I stubbed it a while ago.

Rags
hug the fuck out of 'em, philippe!

#2 Jlego

Jlego

One Armed Clan

• Moderators
  • 252 posts

Posted 17 May 2004 - 10:19 PM

nice, i just picked up another one because i really messed up my old one.
I've been wondering though, could you make an airtight seal with a pvc coupler surrounded by other pvc (or something solid) at the back of the wide barrel. Then drill small screws in to keep it in place?
Then you could use a brass nested in pvc (the same old 17/32" inside 9/16" inside 1/2" pvc deal) barrel, thus losing the remrod you would otherwise need, and adding the almost entirely nessecery tighter barrel section of a good spring weapon.
I think the EAB really deserves something that good, i'm gonna try it because i'm always impressed with the volume of air it uses and think that it can definitely do better.

hopefully the first of many posts,
Jlego
~Jaxon of the LGLF

Gears: Ice9 and I have a relationship similar to that of myself and Jax.
liska: You snuggles?
Gears: The nerfers most likely to engage in a threesome.

I've seen you use an arrowstorm!!

#3 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 17 May 2004 - 11:17 PM

Jlego: Welcome to NH! Keep posting in legible english like that and you have a bright future ahead of you at the haven.

Rags: Nice mod writeup you bastard. On the plus side, now there are now three* two intelligent people at NHQ. Look out, that site is going places!

Edit: Just saw Shindig's post at NHQ.
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#4 Ragornocks

Ragornocks

• Members
  • 415 posts

Posted 18 May 2004 - 10:10 AM

Heh, good one. In all honesty, there are only a handful of intelligent guys, but the n00bs are getting better, and a bright mind seems to stumble across the place every now and then. You guys may even have to start checking for that competition!

Jlego (hm, Lego), if I understood correctly, that's what I did. I put a coupler in the barrel, and you can breach load if you want to. But the EaB's air output demands a barrel much like that you would use on an air gun, maybe, with a slightly loose dart/barrel fit. Thus, the dart can slide (usually) right into the barrel, and get stopped by the thread I installed (ooh, yeah, that was a lot of work; taping some string on).
hug the fuck out of 'em, philippe!

#5 Hunter

Hunter

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 18 May 2004 - 06:02 PM

Edit: Just saw Shindig's post at NHQ.

Ironic.

Who else are you refering to? Spanky? Well, I would add Tricksleeves to that list, his mods are getting damn good and he's no fool. Anyways, some of us nubs are slowly learning. Slowly, but it is an improvement.

PS. Nice mod. I commented about it at NHQ. I also like the small gun that you attach to the top. That is original.

Edited by Hunter, 18 May 2004 - 06:03 PM.

Hunter
Organizer Vancouver Area Nerf Series

#6 THIRST

THIRST

• Members
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 18 May 2004 - 08:23 PM

Maybe im just out of it...but...Trick does mod writeups? I definatly hold him in high regard. Its no doubt hes a smart kid, and hes helping alot of people, but I dont remember any mods ^_^ I havnt been reading alot of the topics lately, so fill me in on what I missed.

Im trying to put this the nicest way possible, because I dont doubt TS is a good modder...

THIRST
ko

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users